i<3franciscans Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338580427' post='2439590'] See? You're special! It's a compliment! Think: You guys are so special you get rules nobody else will hopefully get, and if we do I will meet you at Checkpoint Charlie, otherwise known as Canada. [/quote]I am just living my purgatory on earth. Jesus loves us the most, we have Cardinal Dolan. He doesn't want us to sit around in purgatory when we die.
PhuturePriest Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1338580566' post='2439594'] I am just living my purgatory on earth. Jesus loves us the most, we have Cardinal Dolan. He doesn't want us to sit around in purgatory when we die. [/quote] Oh yeah? Well I have Cardinal... You know, even though I'm almost 100% sure we have to have one, I don't even know if we have a Cardinal... But I am close to Archbishop Chaput, so take that.
i<3franciscans Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1338580372' post='2439589'] Oh. [/quote]For years, my grandmother was sewing things like soap bars into coats and shipping them to Poland... even in the early 70's because they still didn't have simple necessities.[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338580655' post='2439595'] Oh yeah? Well I have Cardinal... You know, even though I'm almost 100% sure we have to have one, I don't even know if we have a Cardinal... But I am close to Archbishop Chaput, so take that. [/quote]yeah I have met Cardinal Dolan and Fr. Benedict Groschel. (If I spelled that right) Eat me.
PhuturePriest Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1338580708' post='2439596'] For years, my grandmother was sewing things like soap bars into coats and shipping them to Poland... even in the early 70's because they still didn't have simple necessities. yeah I have met Cardinal Dolan and Fr. Benedict Groschel. (If I spelled that right) Eat me. [/quote] Yeah, my Russian kin [i]kinda[/i] messed things up for Poland...
i<3franciscans Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338580761' post='2439599'] Yeah, my Russian kin [i]kinda[/i] messed things up for Poland... [/quote]Thanks, thanks a lot. This friendship is over.
PhuturePriest Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1338580708' post='2439596'] For years, my grandmother was sewing things like soap bars into coats and shipping them to Poland... even in the early 70's because they still didn't have simple necessities. yeah I have met Cardinal Dolan and Fr. Benedict Groschel. (If I spelled that right) Eat me. [/quote] Well I have Dominican Nuns that don't wear their Habits, don't live in Community, took away the vows of obedience and poverty, believe Mortal sin doesn't exist and a whole other slew of heresies, so take that.
4588686 Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338580761' post='2439599'] Yeah, my Russian kin [i]kinda[/i] messed things up for Poland... [/quote] [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFsNbiomlEI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFsNbiomlEI&feature=related[/url]
PhuturePriest Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1338580822' post='2439601'] Thanks, thanks a lot. This friendship is over. [/quote] Hey, I am mostly German, Irish and French. At least none of those did anything to harm Poland... *Shifty eyes*
PhuturePriest Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1338581007' post='2439608'] Brush up on history... [/quote] Germany did not "invade" Poland. It was more of an unwelcome take-over, thank you very much.
4588686 Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1338581007' post='2439608'] Brush up on history... [/quote] Poland never hurt anybody.
4588686 Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 The link to the Mikhailkov movie is partly in jest (as he is a staunch Russian nationalist) but also partly serious. I feel like Poland is portrayed as an eternal victim. The truth is that when Poland was strong it was just as willing to fight and conquer as any other state.
Slappo Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1338581390' post='2439616'] The truth is that when Poland was strong it was just as willing to fight and conquer as any other state. [/quote] Yeah! Just like Canada! Oh wait... Canada's never been there...
PhuturePriest Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1338581390' post='2439616'] The link to the Mikhailkov movie is partly in jest (as he is a staunch Russian nationalist) but also partly serious. I feel like Poland is portrayed as an eternal victim. The truth is that when Poland was strong it was just as willing to fight and conquer as any other state. [/quote] I have no doubt it had its faults just like every other country in the history of the world, but you should really watch Pope John Paul II the movie. I think it really says it all.
i<3franciscans Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338581147' post='2439612'] Germany did not "invade" Poland. It was more of an unwelcome take-over, thank you very much. [/quote]right.
Socrates Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1338562375' post='2439344'] Yeah, I heard him say that. The Poles are rather rightly offended that he made that mistake when literally millions of their people died in them... Liking the 2 liter idea LOL. Or the warning label. [/quote] Not only that, but Dear Leader refused to meet with Lech Walesa, who brought down Communist rule in Poland, in the White House because he is "too political." http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/301474/president-obama-shuns-lech-walesa-rory-cooper
Aloysius Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 let them ban [i]soda [/i]all they want, I'll just drink pop
ardillacid Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338580940' post='2439604'] Hey, I am mostly German, Irish and French. At least none of those did anything to harm Poland... *Shifty eyes* [/quote]Are you sure you're not German Irish Norwegian?
4588686 Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 [quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1338587613' post='2439657'] Not only that, but Dear Leader refused to meet with Lech Walesa, who brought down Communist rule in Poland, in the White House because he is "too political." [url="http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/301474/president-obama-shuns-lech-walesa-rory-cooper"]http://www.nationalr...esa-rory-cooper[/url] [/quote] Maybe because the last time they invited Walesa to meet with Obama he snubbed them. I have a lot of respect for Walesa. Very brave man. But there are a few things I take issue with. To begin with, Obama did not refuse to meet with Walesa. The claim from the Wall Street Journal is that the White House refused to allow him to accept the award on behalf of the recipient. I doubt that was Obama's personal decision as I somehow think that such matters fall more the the aids than the President. But it was a reasonable one for an aid to make who has to protect his boss. Walesa snubbed Obama last time Obama was in Poland and has made comments about him that would make me uneasy about inviting him to accept the award in those circumstances as it could lead to a very embarrassing situation.
PhuturePriest Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1338593318' post='2439708'] Are you sure you're not German Irish Norwegian? [/quote] I also have a hint of Welsh and a tiny bit of Cherokee in me, but sorry, no Norwegian roots.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now