Jaime Posted June 2, 2012 Posted June 2, 2012 Cmom suggested that we could use a "project" around here! Here's a suggestion!! There are a few of us who are waging a Facebook war on "Catholics for Choice" It is an organization that is promoting the idea that one can be Catholic and pro-choice and that the Church is fine with that. Catholics for Choice are funded in a large part by Playboy. (So nice to see feminists turn a blind eye to that) and have a nasty tendency to delete any comments made that are pro Catholic. (Anti Catholic sentiment is encouraged) So here's my thought as a project! Since they delete (then ban the person) comments that are supportive of the Church, what if folks went in one by one and posted simply CCC 2271 and nothing else. Let us know here when you posted it and we will keep an eye on it to see how long it stays up. When it's taken down, someone else can post it who hasn't been banned. This should accomplish two things[list] [*]proclaim the truth on abortion [*]annoy the poo out of the admins on the site [/list] BTW CCC 2271 states this [quote][b]2271 [/b]Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law: You shall not kill the embryo by abortion and shall not cause the newborn to perish. God, the Lord of life, has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves. Life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception: abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes. [/quote] Whaddya all think? A little protest now and then as they say.... here's the link [url="http://www.facebook.com/CatholicsforChoice"]http://www.facebook....holicsforChoice[/url]
Lil Red Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 don't see where they are letting people even comment anymore.
Jaime Posted June 3, 2012 Author Posted June 3, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1338683372' post='2440048'] don't see where they are letting people even comment anymore. [/quote] IF you haven't before, you should be able to comment on any of the articles
qfnol31 Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 [quote name='jaime' timestamp='1338683752' post='2440049'] IF you haven't before, you should be able to comment on any of the articles [/quote]Confirmed. I don't like how the recommendations box is listed on there. It's impossible to read.
qfnol31 Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 I haven't posted anything yet; I have to figure out my privacy settings first. I have to make sure a couple "friends" can't see my activity. I can see the place to respond though. Which article are you considering?
Jaime Posted June 3, 2012 Author Posted June 3, 2012 [quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1338687458' post='2440069'] I haven't posted anything yet; I have to figure out my privacy settings first. I have to make sure a couple "friends" can't see my activity. I can see the place to respond though. Which article are you considering? [/quote] doesn't matter. It won't be on for more than a few minutes. You pick and let us know here
qfnol31 Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 I posted it under the link they shared yesterday on the changing opinions of abortion.
Jaime Posted June 3, 2012 Author Posted June 3, 2012 [quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1338688365' post='2440072'] I posted it under the link they shared yesterday on the changing opinions of abortion. [/quote] Ok qfnol Is on the clock!! Let's see what happens!! The fun begins
qfnol31 Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 So I read the article under which I posted. I would get warned and labelled "phishy" simply for quoting snippets of that text. It's so nasty.
Spem in alium Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I just read a bit of the article that qfnol31 mentioned & posted under. It's so manipulative - I can see how a Catholic unsure in faith could be easily swayed or coerced into agreement by the language used.[/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"We are part of the great majority of the faithful in the Catholic church who disagree with the dictates of the Vatican on matters related to sexuality, contraception and abortion." Seriously? Where do they get those facts?[/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Clearly these guys and their followers have not read the Catechism or encyclicals such as [i]Evangelium[/i][i] Vitae. [/i]Or if they have read them, they're either choosing to ignore them (and thus denying the Church's authority) or are too ignorant or incapable of understanding.[/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ugh. It just makes me mad. [/font][/size]
Amppax Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 I'll give this a go. So just post the paragraph from the Catechism?
Jaime Posted June 3, 2012 Author Posted June 3, 2012 [quote name='Spem in alium' timestamp='1338690085' post='2440088'] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I just read a bit of the article that qfnol31 mentioned & posted under. It's so manipulative - I can see how a Catholic unsure in faith could be easily swayed or coerced into agreement by the language used.[/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"We are part of the great majority of the faithful in the Catholic church who disagree with the dictates of the Vatican on matters related to sexuality, contraception and abortion." Seriously? Where do they get those facts?[/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Clearly these guys and their followers have not read the Catechism or encyclicals such as [i]Evangelium[/i][i] Vitae. [/i]Or if they have read them, they're either choosing to ignore them (and thus denying the Church's authority) or are too ignorant or incapable of understanding.[/font][/size] [size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ugh. It just makes me mad. [/font][/size] [/quote] We've had our "Catholics against Catholics for Choice" FB page up for about a month. We've found that most of the people on Catholics for Choice don't even consider themselves theistic let alone Catholic.[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1338690228' post='2440092'] I'll give this a go. So just post the paragraph from the Catechism? [/quote] No just the number and we are waiting for Qfnol's to be deleted firsthe's at 35 minutes!!
Amppax Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 (edited) Lol, teh double post. Edited June 3, 2012 by Amppax
Amppax Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 (edited) I see, well I'm next! Edited June 3, 2012 by Amppax
Spem in alium Posted June 3, 2012 Posted June 3, 2012 [quote name='jaime' timestamp='1338690455' post='2440094'] We've had our "Catholics against Catholics for Choice" FB page up for about a month. We've found that most of the people on Catholics for Choice don't even consider themselves theistic let alone Catholic. [/quote] Wow. Seriously? Oh man, that just makes it even more bizarre - like some kind of pro-choice movement masquerading as Catholic in order to attack Catholicism from within, manipulate true Catholics and pull them away from the faith. Maybe that's a bit of a far-fetched assumption on my part. But it doesn't make me any less annoyed.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now