dUSt Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 I'm looking for a team of 3D artists to work with me developing an online virtual 3D environment. We'll be building a town square, with a gothic style cathedral in the center. This will be an interactive environment, with visitors having the ability to create characters, walk around and interact with eachother. The software that we'll be using is Adobe Atmosphere. Here's a showcase of the software: [url="http://www.adobe.com/products/atmosphere/showcase/show_cathedral.html"]http://www.adobe.com/products/atmosphere/s..._cathedral.html[/url] No pay will be involved--as I'm looking for people such as myself who'll dedicate themselves to do this as a service to the Church. Please pass this message on to anybody you may know who might have the expertise to handle it. God bless.
IcePrincessKRS Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 HA I wish... I dont know how to do any of that kind of stuff...
Iacobus Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 I have never seen Adobe Atmosphere and StudioMax confused me.
Philippe Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 i know how 2 make movies in after effects and premier but ive never heard of this... would this be like a morpg where we all have characters and play or wat
immaculata Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 Oh great. Another thing for me to get addicted to. Good bye, GPA.
MC Just Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 Well I've never worked with any software like that. I do sketch and draw stuff though, in fact I'm going to be painting an image from the sistine chapel on my wall. I will help in any way possible. Dust what kind of 3d art ar we talking and what do I use to make it?
Crusader_4 Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 Dust that would b awesome if it was possible could u wait like i dunno 2 months though till i get an upgrade on my computer i would love to help but i really dont know how...mayb there could b a site where there are lessons or something of the sort.
inno Posted May 16, 2004 Posted May 16, 2004 LOL this reminds me of those FPS games where you would put on the anti-gravity cheat on and bounce all over the place.
ryanmeyersmusic Posted May 17, 2004 Posted May 17, 2004 you think that atmosphere is the man for the job? the plugin only works in micro$oft internet exploder...
Philippe Posted May 17, 2004 Posted May 17, 2004 ya wat about mozilla users or netsape but um any other suggestions i could probably figure it out im good at that kinda stuff
MC Just Posted May 21, 2004 Posted May 21, 2004 I downloaded Atmosphere and couldnt figure out how to use it.
crusader1234 Posted May 21, 2004 Posted May 21, 2004 Hey, just wondering but it might be a LOT simpler and easier on the internet connections if we did something like you can see [url="http://www.habbohotel.com"]Here[/url]. I'm sure the coding isnt that complex...
ryanmeyersmusic Posted May 21, 2004 Posted May 21, 2004 you'd be very suprised how complex that is... at any given time that script is interacting with however many thousands of clients, streaming them the environment, and interacting with them... the artwork's fairly uncomplicated, but don't let that fool you...
phatcatholic Posted May 21, 2004 Posted May 21, 2004 OMG!! just think if phatmass turned into something like The Sims, where' we're all walking around and interacting w/ each other! that would be awesome. that cathedral was so freakin cool too. please God, bring a 3D artist to phatmass so we can do this!!!!! btw, the habbo hotel isn't bad either. it says you can create your own rooms. what would keep us from doing that? what do u think about all this dUSt? holla back, phatcatholic
MC Just Posted May 21, 2004 Posted May 21, 2004 i'll be the mean knight with the sword and cross on my shield, fighting the anti-catholics. lol j/k
crusader1234 Posted May 21, 2004 Posted May 21, 2004 (edited) Yeah I was thinking that, just using Habbo hotel's technology and creating our own rooms there. Its cheap enough, and theyd pay the server fees. You can lock your rooms (the kid I babysat was explaining it to me) so only your friends can get in. The only problem would be the whole how do we get it to be within Phatmass aspect. I like this Idea however. Edited May 21, 2004 by crusader1234
Guest AloysiusGhost Posted May 21, 2004 Posted May 21, 2004 a long time ago i found a website that did that, where you could walk around and talk to ppl. it was a 'skyscraper' then i lost the url and never found it again, and i searched, cause i liked the idea. this will be AWESOME!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now