Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

maximillion
Posted

Ahem.........


Monarchy? No thanks.

What good is it - welllll a whole bunch of folks come here and spend vast sums of money wandering around the various palac....er, properties. That's good for our economy and those that work in the tourist trade.

Em.....what else?


Er......


Em.....

It cost £10 million quid to stage that thing on Monday, the flotilla thing. TEN MILLION POUNDS. It was made known that this money had all been raised 'by private subscription'.
Right. I wonder how many of the idiots who subscribed would donate to Cafod, or Mind, or any one of the hundreds of NGO's that could actually do some real and lasting good.

Sorry....just don't get me started.

Just imagine what the social justice organisations could have achieved with that.

Winchester
Posted

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1338929994' post='2441387']
The monarchy is part of our heritage and our culture. The monarch gives us a head of state that unites ALL of us, regardless of our political standing. The monarchy dedicate themselves tirelessly to this country and all of the realms and territories, not to mention their charitable interests. They bring so much to our tourism, our economy and our government. Our nation is stronger because of them. The "cost" of the monarchy (which is far outweighed by the money they bring into this country anyway) would be no different if we were a republic. We've been a republic and it failed miserably. I get so annoyed when people who are completely ignorant of what they are talking about oppose the monarchy. If you don't know what you're talking about, then you have no right to be giving an opinion. Not to mention a huge amount of what people spout is sheer nonsense that has not one grain of truth in it.

I agree with bernadette that some people are failing in Christian charity here.
[/quote]
I have every right to offer my opinion, and it's based on history. Disagreeing with your fanciful position does not mean I'm ignorant. Your nation would be every bit as strong without them. Or perhaps with them running it instead of a bunch of idiotic parliamentarians.

You show me where the royals are a net gain. You'll need to go well beyond current numbers (which would make the assumption that without the royals, there would not be other draws, and without the taking of money to support them, that money wouldn't be deployed better elsewhere). You can't prove any of that nonsense. There's no possibility of economic calculation, since the Royals are supported not through a free market. As figureheads go, I believe the price is rather low, though. We probably spend more each year shuttling Queen Obama to her vacations.

You were never a republic. You were an oligarchical mess. Now you're an oligarchical mess with well-dressed pets. I do like the kid that wanted to fight in Afghanistan, though. That's quite respectable (apart from Afghanistan being a pointless war. I appreciate his desire to actually risk his arse like the plebes).

Posted

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1338929994' post='2441387']
The monarchy is part of our heritage and our culture. The monarch gives us a head of state that unites ALL of us, regardless of our political standing. The monarchy dedicate themselves tirelessly to this country and all of the realms and territories, not to mention their charitable interests. They bring so much to our tourism, our economy and our government. Our nation is stronger because of them. The "cost" of the monarchy (which is far outweighed by the money they bring into this country anyway) would be no different if we were a republic. We've been a republic and it failed miserably. I get so annoyed when people who are completely ignorant of what they are talking about oppose the monarchy. If you don't know what you're talking about, then you have no right to be giving an opinion. Not to mention a huge amount of what people spout is sheer nonsense that has not one grain of truth in it.

I agree with bernadette that some people are failing in Christian charity here.
[/quote]

If the English want a monarch that's their choice. I have no problem with the current queen. My only comment was about her idiot son.

Winchester
Posted

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1338931495' post='2441405']
If the English want a monarch that's their choice. I have no problem with the current queen. My only comment was about her idiot son.
[/quote]
What about his hag of a mistress? No doubt she's eaten her share of lost German children.

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1338931495' post='2441405']
If the English want a monarch that's their choice. I have no problem with the current queen. My only comment was about her idiot son.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure calling someone's son an idiot fails the criteria for charity.

Winchester
Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338931703' post='2441408']
I'm pretty sure calling someone's son an idiot fails the criteria for charity.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure Hasan is a flooping heathen and doesn't care.

maximillion
Posted

Are you sure he's her son? Their morals leave a bit to be desired too. Telling me she didn't know about Camilla?

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1338931638' post='2441407']
What about his hag of a mistress? No doubt she's eaten her share of lost German children.
[/quote]

This... I... this breaks every criteria for charity. My goodness, people.

Winchester
Posted

[img]http://ll-media.tmz.com/2008/12/18/1218_camila_parker_bowles_getty_02-1.jpg[/img]

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1338931803' post='2441412']
[img]http://ll-media.tmz.com/2008/12/18/1218_camila_parker_bowles_getty_02-1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You have an ugly set of teeth.

Posted

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1338931735' post='2441409']
I'm pretty sure Hasan is a flooping heathen and doesn't care.
[/quote]

:japanese:

Winchester
Posted

[img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/533454_400719633305061_673651947_n.jpg[/img]

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338931843' post='2441413']
You have an ugly set of teeth.
[/quote]
But at least I'm not an English doxy.

maximillion
Posted

Charity is as charity does.........where was her charity when Diana died. It took a public outcry for her to drop the silly flag...........
The whole nation went awol with grief and she could hardly bring herself to mention D's name. She still can't.

Annis Horribilis?
Regina Horribilis more like!

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1338931735' post='2441409']
I'm pretty sure Hasan is a flooping heathen and doesn't care.
[/quote]

It's funny because it's true.

maximillion
Posted

Right, I'm going to bed. I have no idea what time it is where you are but my cat is complaining that it's past bed time.

It's over.The Jubilee I mean.

I could [i]almost [/i]say I pray she doesen't make it to the flippin 70th!

Winchester
Posted

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1338932237' post='2441420']
Right, I'm going to bed. I have no idea what time it is where you are but my cat is complaining that it's past bed time.

It's over.The Jubilee I mean.

I could [i]almost [/i]say I pray she doesen't make it to the flippin 70th!
[/quote]
Is this a Mrs. Slocombe reference?

PhuturePriest
Posted (edited)

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1338932237' post='2441420']
Right, I'm going to bed. I have no idea what time it is where you are but my cat is complaining that it's past bed time.

It's over.The Jubilee I mean.

I could [i]almost [/i]say I pray she doesen't make it to the flippin 70th!
[/quote]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I was in the midst of responding to Winchester by putting up a picture of the Sons of Anarchy, but this caught my attention.

You're literally saying you almost hope she [i]dies? [/i]Where is the charity, the Christian attitude, in [i]that[/i]? And to make it worse you said you're almost [i]praying [/i]that a person dies for no just reason! Obama is the worst thing that ever happened but I don't hope he dies. Seriously. I'll be praying for you.

Edited by FuturePriest387
Winchester
Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338932401' post='2441422']
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I was in the midst of responding to Winchester by putting up a picture of the Sons of Anarchy, but this caught my attention.

You're literally saying you almost hope she [i]dies? [/i]Where is the charity, the Christian attitude, in [i]that[/i]? Obama is the worst thing that ever happened but I don't hope he dies. Seriously. I'll be praying for you.
[/quote]
Not one person has made the claim they're being charitable. Not one. We're not trying to be charitable. We're being mean. Very mean. You getting all fluttery about it is hilarious, though.

PhuturePriest
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1338932493' post='2441423']
Not one person has made the claim they're being charitable. Not one. We're not trying to be charitable. We're being mean. Very mean. You getting all fluttery about it is hilarious, though.
[/quote]

All Catholics are called to charity. All Catholics are especially called to not pray a person dies without just reason (One of the just reasons being Saint Anne praying to God that her sons die before they can commit revenge by killing people, though I would recommend simply calling the police in our age). I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning behind this, though. Maximilion is saying that since the Queen has showed acts of uncharity he is almost praying that she dies? This just seems contradictory to me, but oh well. I am just a UK loving monarchist, after all.

Edited by FuturePriest387
Winchester
Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338932650' post='2441426']
All Catholics are called to charity. All Catholics are especially called to not pray a person dies without just reason (One of the just reasons being Saint Anne praying to God that her sons die before they can commit revenge by killing people, though I would recommend simply calling the police in our age). I'm still trying to figure out the reasoning behind this, though. Maximilion is saying that since the Queen has showed acts of uncharity he is almost praying that she dies? This just seems contradictory to me, but oh well. I am just a UK loving monarchist, after all.
[/quote]
Almost. I almost slapped a nun, once. Which means I didn't slap a nun. Think about it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...