Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

What is your favorite secular song?

I like a lot of them since I listen to secular radio all the time. Most have good messages! ^_^

I will look up the lyrics of some of them to post later!

voiciblanche
Posted

Hmmm..."The Reason" by Hoobastank. It reminds me of the Crucifixion...I cry every time I listen to it.

Crusader_4
Posted

Maybe Lullaby for the New World Order by MAtt Good or some of his music. I really like him but when it comes down to it the tunes on the good ol Phatmass Jukebox...(altho i think its a radio now?) are the best.

Posted

Most of what I listen to is secular. Sometimes I listen to Massmatics or OR but I don't know. Those don't brother me but the radio stations here that are Christian, lol. I don't like ads, hehe. Plus all the music sounds the same to me, same message they don't move around or from the cross (which is important). It seems rare when I hear a song on those stations like the ones on Massmatics (The one that lists the signs and etc) or some of the OR ones like Marys Son that focus on Christ in more than one way or ones that are about living the Christian life. I don't know if that makes any sense.

I like These Boots are Made for Walking and Surfin Bird and Michelle. LOL.

immaculata
Posted

haha... so many I can't even think of them all right now!

I really like Hoobastank's "The Reason".. I went through an Evanescence phase where I really was into "My Immortal" Right now my CD player's set on Josh Groban 24/7 because I GOT TICKETS TO GO SEE HIM IN CHICAGO!!! :D :D :D

prov31girl
Posted

I would say "Walking Away" by Craig David and my fave song that's big right now is "The Reason" by Hoobastank. That song could totally be turned into a praise song.

Posted

From the Country hick here... :guitar: :cowboy: :guitar:


Right now my fav is Keith Urban's "You'll Think of Me"

I always love anything Toby Keith.

Posted

[quote name='immaculata' date='May 16 2004, 03:53 PM'] haha... so many I can't even think of them all right now!

I really like Hoobastank's "The Reason".. I went through an Evanescence phase where I really was into "My Immortal" Right now my CD player's set on Josh Groban 24/7 because I GOT TICKETS TO GO SEE HIM IN CHICAGO!!! :D :D :D [/quote]
I :wub: Josh Groban!! I just got to go to his concert...it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The effects and everything were so cool, and he's really funny!! I KNOW that you will have a blast!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Posted

I love Josh Groban. I love all his songs: You Raise Me Up, For Always, To Where You Are. . . . Okay, I'm going to stop now, before Iacobus starts making fun of Josh's hair. :rolleyes:


:wub: Josh Groban :wub:

DemonSlayer
Posted

Perhaps, The Holy Grail by Hunters & Collectors, Tommorow by Silverchair and Beds are Burning by Midnight Oil.

immaculata
Posted

:wub: josh josh josh josh josh josh josh josh josh josh josh :wub:

DemonSlayer
Posted

All Aussie bands by the way.

crusader1234
Posted

Bob Dylan... anything. I dont know... right now I'm into bluegrass. AKUS is amazing. Im more into classic rock though... ahh who knows.

Posted

JMJ
5/16 - Sixth Sunday of Easter

[i]The Reason[/i] by Hoobastank makes me want to die (it's depressing); I really like bluegrass (I'm from the country, whaddaya gonna do?), especially [i]Man of Constant Sorrow[/i] and [i]Didn't Leave Nobody but the Baby[/i] on the [u]O Brother, Where art Thou?[/u] soundtrack.

Posted

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='May 16 2004, 10:05 PM'] I really like bluegrass (I'm from the country, whaddaya gonna do?), especially [i]Man of Constant Sorrow[/i] and [i]Didn't Leave Nobody but the Baby[/i] on the [u]O Brother, Where art Thou?[/u] soundtrack. [/quote]
I love that soundtrack! And the movie too. ^_^

immaculata
Posted

How is "The Reason" depressing? :noidea:

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I love all kinds of stuff. Right now, my favorite secular music is Air. (The French electronic group) Their music is very dreamlike and spiritual. But at times funky and fun, too. :)

I just bought their album Moon Safari and I think my favorite song is Femme d'Argent....

Posted

The Smiths- London

Posted

how bout some Atreyu or Thursday

thats some good hardcore music right durrr

Winchester
Posted

Voodoo Chile (A Slight Return)--Jimi Hendrix

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...