An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers Please!

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

Please say some prayers! I spoke to my pastor this morning before Mass because I had to give a speech about the EMHC ministry. I needed to let him know that I was the designated person and I was present. I casually mentioned, "Oh, by the way, I spoke to the Provincial Superior this past Thursday!" I didn't even need to say more than that. He apologized for taking so long and told me to expect a call this week to schedule the psychological exam sometime in the next two Saturdays depending on the schedule! :woot:

I think today's readings were so important:

[i][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]And Jesus said, "With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it? [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when sown upon the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth; [/size][/font][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]yet when it is sown it grows up and becomes the greatest of all shrubs, and puts forth large branches, so that the birds of the air can make nests in its shade." [/size][/font][/i]

We all need to have the faith of the mustard seed. I need to pray for fortitude to continue to nourish my vocational discernment so it doesn't wither and die. :)

TheresaThoma

Mater this is really exciting news!!! I'll definitely be praying for you!
Sometimes it takes just a little risk, like making a phone call, to get things rolling.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1339959659' post='2445537']
Mater this is really exciting news!!! I'll definitely be praying for you!
Sometimes it takes just a little risk, like making a phone call, to get things rolling.
[/quote]

Thank you for your prayers. I was planning to call the Superior sooner, but, for whatever reason, I didn't feel ready. Maybe it was a sign that I needed to wait until just the right time to call. I'm so glad I paid attention to the prodding I was getting this past Thursday. :)

That's so great! I hope you finally manage to get it arranged.
And of course I'm praying for you.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1339960349' post='2445540']
That's so great! I hope you finally manage to get it arranged.
And of course I'm praying for you.
[/quote]
[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1339960962' post='2445541']
So exciting! Prayers!
[/quote]
[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1339964571' post='2445559']
Ahhhhh! At last!

Prayers prayers prayers..................
[/quote]

Y'all are wonderful! Thanks! :flowers:

That is wonderful! I don't know you that well, but I have seen a couple posts relating to your..errr..'delays' in getting your evaluation, and I couldn't imagine the anxiety that might be putting you through. But, I must say, you are so peaceful and trusting in the Lord and it is inspiring! I am glad that your patience finally paid off. :)

Please keep us updated!

OnlySunshine

Thank you to all of you!

Today has been a day of anticipation. I don't think my pastor will call today because he takes most Mondays off, but I keep jumping phone call after phone call so I don't miss him. I decided to take a nap earlier today because I couldn't sleep well last night and the phone rang twice -- first for the pharmacy and second for my mom's doctor. :blush:

I will probably see him tomorrow night in person during Bible Study since he usually checks in on everyone (esp. since the Bible Study women are part of CRHP Team 1 and we have a close bond with him). I really am excited about everything and I keep telling God:

"I'm not doing this for me -- this is all for You! Your will be done!" :)

OnlySunshine

This morning, before I left for the amusement park, I sent my pastor an email thanking him for setting up the appointment with the psychologist. I didn't want to be a nuisance so I just made it look like I had forgotten to give him my phone number. Well, he replied an hour or so later and I didn't read it until we came back tonight. It brought a smile to my face:

[quote]
Thank you for your openness and dedication to seek the will of God in your life.
So you know, I called the psychologist and left him a message a couple of days ago. I have not heard back from him yet ( it is vacation time). As soon as he calls me I will contact you immediately.

Wish you a blessed day.[/quote]

So please keep me in your prayers that the psychologist will return his call soon. :)