An Old School Catholic Message Board

Funny Story

FutureCarmeliteClaire

FutureCarmeliteClaire

So... I heard through the grapevine that a male friend of mine was discerning the priesthood and and was like the enforcer of the Daily Masses and daily Rosary in his house. We always got along well, the two of us. We were in a play together during the past two months, and we got to know each other better. We talked about discernment and our Faith and goofed off (if any of you are familiar with "awkward turtle", we had "awkward turtle" races), so that was all good fun. Well, last week I brought him a book and a pamphlet on discerning the priesthood, and he said, "You know, Claire, I think this will help me anyway, and the priesthood is still an option, but I'm really thinking of becoming a permanent Deacon." (He wants the best of both worlds :P) Anyway, I thought it was funny that after talking about discerning and getting to know each other, he tells me he's pretty set on becoming a Deacon, and that he seems to feel called to the married life. :)

Seriously, there is nothing bad to say about this guy. I mean, he is kind and respectful, opens doors for me, gets out of his seat so I can sit there, he is good and holy, he would make a great father. Lucky the woman who marries him! :)

Ah, those discerner moments.

Edited by FutureCarmeliteClaire

A guy I had a major crush on and who was fond of me too, decided to become a priest. I was heartbroken. This was when I never knew I had a vocation. I kept praying that he would change his mind. I feel bad about doing this now. It was selfish. Anyways, he's in the seminary now and is doing quite well.

He was the one who told me I reminded him of St. Therese of Liesuex. I never knew who she was back then.

PhuturePriest

You caught me. I thought I could slide by without making you figure out who I was, but you are a smart one.

In all seriousness, I know exactly what you mean. You think you are definitely called to the Religious life and then the perfect person comes by and you think "Um... Maybe being a Deacon is the better route?"

Edited by FuturePriest387

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1340129020' post='2446353']
In all seriousness, I know exactly what you mean. You think you are definitely called to the Religious life and then the perfect person comes by and you think "Um... Maybe being a Deacon is the better route?"
[/quote]
Lol, the thing is, I think that we both think each other is the perfect person. :) Oh gosh...

I invited him to go to a Latin Mass with me. He said yes. He's bringing his whole family. :)

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1340153788' post='2446505']
Lol, the thing is, I think that we both think each other is the perfect person. :) Oh gosh...

I invited him to go to a Latin Mass with me. He said yes. He's bringing his whole family. :)
[/quote]

FCC has a crush! Oh, this is good fun... :P

You know he's serious when he is willing to put the relationship on the line when you meet his family. That is the ultimate test in whether or not you can live with the guy. :P

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1340166236' post='2446605']

You know he's serious when he is willing to put the relationship on the line when you meet his family. That is the ultimate test in whether or not you can live with the guy. :P
[/quote]

Oh dear, Future Priest, your age is showing. Meeting the family is interesting, but the ultimate test is whether he snores or not, and a variety of other personal habits which range from the mildly irritating to an outright invitation to murder. I'll refrain from listing these to spare the tender sensibilities of the romantics amongst us.

Those intending to have a Heavenly bridegroom are spared the sheer day to day annoyances which every wife knows.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1340222779' post='2446807']
I've met his family, they're amesome. :)
[/quote]

Sweet! So when's the wedding?

TheresaThoma

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1340240019' post='2446894']
Sweet! So when's the wedding?
[/quote]
You are horrible

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1340241460' post='2446899']
You are horrible
[/quote]
Yes he is. :|

Lil'Monster

Even though I am discerning religious life....I still have crushes on this one guy....or more :lust:

Futurepriest, so sorry but you are not one of them. You are too young...you could be my nephew..seriously I have a nephew who is almost your age.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1340243904' post='2446922']
Even though I am discerning religious life....I still have crushes on this one guy....or more :lust:

Futurepriest, so sorry but you are not one of them. You are too young...you could be my nephew..seriously I have a nephew who is almost your age.
[/quote]

I know what you mean. I have a few myself that I can think of.

Do not worry, I have come to terms with this fact. Thanks for telling me I was cute that one time, though! Really made my day. :)