An Old School Catholic Message Board

Some News

TheresaThoma

TheresaThoma

A few of you on here know what has been going on with me lately but I am finally getting around to making a thread. This is also an explanation as to why I have been not been around all that much these past two weeks or so and why I probably won't be around much in the near future.

On June 18th my dad passed away very unexpectedly. We think it was a heart attack but we really don't know. Its been really rough. We had no idea anything like this was coming. To complicate matters this summer I am in Florida doing an internship but I live in Colorado (with my parents). I have been able to come home for a few days but I am going back to finish the internship.

As a result of all of this my discernment is being put on hold indefinitely. I know I need time to heal and get my life sorted out. Right now and in the near future I'm in no way able to really discern; emotionally spiritually or otherwise. My commitment needs to be to my family, in particular my mom, and in the past my vocation and my family have not mixed well at all. I'm not sure if this break will be temporary or permanent.

I'll probably stop in on VS every once and a while but not nearly as much as in the past. It just seems too contradictory to be on VS all the time when I am not really discerning, I feel like it would be a distraction.

You all are great and know that I am praying for you even if I am not actively posting on here.

Spem in alium

Theresa, even though I've not been using this site for very long I've liked seeing your posts and replies. You have shown much kindness and clarity and have given me deeply appreciated help in a few areas. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. May you all be comforted by the peace and love of Christ.

Maximilianus

Prayers for you and your family, may God bless you and may the Blessed Virgin keep you under her mantle.

Blessed be the Righteous Judge. My sincere condolences; Dads are very special. We may all be in cyberspace, but we are all with you in spirit, I'm sure.

So sorry to learn the sad news.....my prayers for you and your family at this time . God bless.!!

Edited by Jennirom

Queen'sDaughter

So sorry. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. May your father's soul, and the soul's of all the faithful departed, rest in peace. Amen.

Indwelling Trinity

My Prayers for you TT.

Know that I and i am sure others here on VS will be here for you if you need us.

God Bless you my Friend. Let him continue to draw you to him self. He is offering you the Cross at this moment, and you have lovingly embraced it. Surely you console your Beloved's heart!

TheresaThoma, I am so sorry for your family's great loss. I am sure all of us PMers are keeping you and your family as a special intention in our hearts at Mass and in our rosaries. It is hard to see you put off discernment, but you know what is best and what you can handle at this difficult time. Jesus and Mary are closest to those in sorrow, although it may not feel like it in your grief.

May the same Jesus who lost St Joseph grieve with you, console you, and keep you. May your father's soul, along with all the faithful departed, rest in infinite peace.

God bless you.

Edited by emmaberry

OnlySunshine

TheresaThoma, I am very sorry to hear about your father's passing. Although you really feel drawn to religious life, I think it is best that you take some time away from discernment to grieve. That's what most (if not all) communities recommend. I pray that everything will work out for your family and that you will all find comfort in God's presence. May our Immaculate Mother pray for and protect you.

HopefulBride

TT,

You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as you allow the Lord to heal you and guide you. Call or text me if you ever need to talk.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Praying so much for you. I have been having medical problems that have put me in a lot of pain, so I am putting you in my notebook of intentions to offer a day of my pain for. :heart: May God be with you during this hard time.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1341384931' post='2452264']
A few of you on here know what has been going on with me lately but I am finally getting around to making a thread. This is also an explanation as to why I have been not been around all that much these past two weeks or so and why I probably won't be around much in the near future.

On June 18th my dad passed away very unexpectedly. We think it was a heart attack but we really don't know. Its been really rough. We had no idea anything like this was coming. To complicate matters this summer I am in Florida doing an internship but I live in Colorado (with my parents). I have been able to come home for a few days but I am going back to finish the internship.

As a result of all of this my discernment is being put on hold indefinitely. I know I need time to heal and get my life sorted out. Right now and in the near future I'm in no way able to really discern; emotionally spiritually or otherwise. My commitment needs to be to my family, in particular my mom, and in the past my vocation and my family have not mixed well at all. I'm not sure if this break will be temporary or permanent.

I'll probably stop in on VS every once and a while but not nearly as much as in the past. It just seems too contradictory to be on VS all the time when I am not really discerning, I feel like it would be a distraction.

You all are great and know that I am praying for you even if I am not actively posting on here.
[/quote]

Also, I meant to add -- don't worry about losing your vocation. Jesus will wait for you as you grieve. If it helps, I'd recommend reading "Abandonment to Divine Providence." Sr. Agnes of the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal recommended it to me when I was having trouble accepting what God was asking of me. It helped me put things in perspective and I learned to cope. :)