An Old School Catholic Message Board

An Update...another Year To Wait.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I got notified that my app for the Archdioces has been delayed for a year in order to give me time to work on a couple things. It is important to note that I am not upset or anything about it. A little disappointed...sure...but I had already figured this was a likely action when I applied. This will give me a good opportunity to enjoy a stable parish life, and regular spiritual direction.

Please everyone keep me in your prayers.

Praying for you! Reminds me of my friend who really wants to become a priest who celebrates the Latin Mass exclusively. I forget which seminary he has applied to, but they have turned him down 2 years in a row because they want him to fully mature...very strange as he is one of the most mature people I think I'v ever met, but all in God's timing! Anyway, your story reminds me of him not just because they keep asking him to wait, but because of his enduring patience, which I see in your post.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

thanks, after a few deployments I have learnd to beauty of patience. Silence and stillness can be wonderful things.

Prayers for you, Pio.

Your openness to God's will speaks volumes about the quality of your vocation and your spirit of obedience. God will generously reward you and use those qualities to let you help souls, now and in the future. One day, one prayer, one obedient step at a time......

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1342058679' post='2454804']
thanks, after a few deployments I have learnd to beauty of patience. Silence and stillness can be wonderful things.
[/quote]

Wow. Just reading that makes me wish I felt the same! When i read posts like yours, it makes me so nervous, because you obviously have qualities that I don't and I'm worried God is going to do whatever it takes to get me to those same qualities. If He has found that delaying your vocation has helped your spirtual life and the growth of virtue....Won't he do the same to all of us who lack those virtues as well?

Anyways, your patience is enriching, but also nerve-inducing! Thanks alot! :P

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1342080907' post='2454897']

Wow. Just reading that makes me wish I felt the same! When i read posts like yours, it makes me so nervous, because you obviously have qualities that I don't and I'm worried God is going to do whatever it takes to get me to those same qualities. If He has found that delaying your vocation has helped your spirtual life and the growth of virtue....Won't he do the same to all of us who lack those virtues as well?

Anyways, your patience is enriching, but also nerve-inducing! Thanks alot! :P
[/quote]

Remember...we all are going to be called differently to whatever vocation we have. While I may have a peace about being delayed do not mistake me for a walking Saint. I struggle with vanity a little and pride at times. This is a good opportunity for me to practice my humility. I'll be at least 31 now when I'll be starting the college seminary. It is quite humbling to think that I will go from training evaluating and leading soldiers to being on the same equal footing and starting place of 18, 19, and 20 year olds. What great faith they must all have to be able to hear at that young age what it took me nearly 3 decades to learn. My point is your gifts will grow, do not let someones success in another virtue disappoint you in your own individual growth.

You are correct God ISwilling to do anything to strengthen in us the virtues we need.

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1342113286' post='2454994']
Remember...we all are going to be called differently to whatever vocation we have. While I may have a peace about being delayed do not mistake me for a walking Saint. I struggle with vanity a little and pride at times. This is a good opportunity for me to practice my humility. I'll be at least 31 now when I'll be starting the college seminary. It is quite humbling to think that I will go from training evaluating and leading soldiers to being on the same equal footing and starting place of 18, 19, and 20 year olds. What great faith they must all have to be able to hear at that young age what it took me nearly 3 decades to learn. My point is your gifts will grow, do not let someones success in another virtue disappoint you in your own individual growth.

You are correct God ISwilling to do anything to strengthen in us the virtues we need.
[/quote]

Thank you PadrePio. I have no doubt that God will grace me with the virtues I do not have...my doubt rests not in Him but with ME! :P I am stubborn and worry that He will delay my vocation (although this doesn't seem to be how things are turning out) to encourage the virtues of patience and trust in me. Like you said though, every path to sanctity is different.