Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

I do not see why the Catholic Church is opposed to Gay Unions. I understand that "marriage" is between a man and a woman, but civil unions are something completely different. Why all this hate going around? It seems like things are being complicated more than they should be.

Posted

I suppose I am not qualified to give a definitive opinion as I live in Australia and so am not sure of the situation in the USA. My reading of the news suggests that it is not a question of civil unions to protect the civil rights of gay people but a question of marriage as it has been understood in Judeo Christian countries. I offer the following article from my Archbishop that appeared in a paper in Australia.[url="http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,9460399%5E7583,00.html"]The Australian[/url]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...