An Old School Catholic Message Board

Letter From Nav

Tally Marx

I got a letter from Nav today! :D

He received the postulants' habit on February 22nd with thirteen others. He is very happy.
He thanks everyone for their prayers, and asks your continued prayers for his perseverance. He hasn't forgotten anyone here, and still thinks about us all, and prays for us.
He sends a word of advice to all discerning here at VS:

"Tell them not to be afraid. God really works a lot of amazing things once we take the step. Never be afraid to suffer."

He also wants to know where krissylou is at with his brown scapular ;) As this letter is dated from May, he might already have it, but if not... He's been expecting it!

I intend to write a letter back to him directly. Would anyone like me to pass any information on?

Thank you for the update! Nav was before my time on PM, but it is always good to hear of former PMers doing well in their religious vocation. Is he with the Franciscans? If so, what specific community?

edit: grammar slob

Edited by emmaberry

Maximilianus

Gracias for the update Tally

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1343966518' post='2461866']
He also wants to know where krissylou is at with his brown scapular ;) As this letter is dated from May, he might already have it, but if not... He's been expecting it!
[/quote]
great googly, that was over a year ago, I wonder if he was just joking.

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1343966612' post='2461869']
Does he have a beard yet?
[/quote]I did my part according to the[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/122737-papist-has-a-beard/#entry2460914"] law of barbamosity[/url], but he might be immune to it

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1343976376' post='2461920']
Is he with the Franciscans? If so, what specific community?
[/quote]

Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate at the Our Lady of Consolation Friary, Cebu City, Phillipines.. I think.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/echo4lima/FFInavo.png[/img]

Strictlyinkblot

Thanks for letting us know! Its always wonderful to hear about past pmer's. Prayers for him and the others in formation.

AccountDeleted

How wonderful to hear from him. I have thought about him a lot over the past year. I am so glad to hear that all is going so well with him.

Tell him I said I am writing a letter soon and his advice is amazing! Something we tend to forget. Tell him to find some rogaine so that he can grow that thick Franciscan beard!!

Gah, I miss him.

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1344152435' post='2462885']
Tell him I said I am writing a letter soon and his advice is amazing! Something we tend to forget. Tell him to find some rogaine so that he can grow that thick Franciscan beard!!

Gah, I miss him.
[/quote]

Will do!

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1343979023' post='2461929']
great googly, that was over a year ago, I wonder if he was just joking.
[/quote]

Maybe. It also looks like she promised to send him some mattresses...

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1343979023' post='2461929']
Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate at the Our Lady of Consolation Friary, Cebu City, Phillipines.. I think.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/echo4lima/FFInavo.png[/img]
[/quote]

He is in Naga now for his postulancy, actually.

Edited by Tally Marx

Maximilianus

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1344274715' post='2463506']
He is in Naga now for his postulancy, actually.
[/quote]

Check your PM

carmenchristi

Awwww... thanks for the update. I miss Nav! I totally second what he said about not being afraid and taking a step!