saintwannab7 Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 well I don't know if I have a very favorite Christian song... I love Worlds Apart by Jars of Clay. I like most anything by Relient K, DC Talk, Mercy Me, and most any type of praise and worship songs. Have any of you ever heard of a Catholic band named Guided? They used to be called the Discerning Trio. Two guys I really look up to were in the band that doesn't exist any longer. But the music is great! One of my favorite songs in the whole wide world is called Super Mom. It is all about Mary and I love it! It makes me smile
He carries me Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 crusader -- thanks for posting the lyrics to that Dylan song - i love it!!
lil bull 04 Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 Almighty Father Strong to Save (aka the Navy Hymn) Shout to the Lord On Eagles Wings Lamb of God by Twila Paris Let There be Praise Be Thou My Vision Christ Be my Leader My Shepherd Will Supply My Need Jesus Priceless Treasure Rock Of Ages Cleft For Me Stand Up Stand Up For Jesus Onward Christian Soliders Here I am Lord Shepherd of My Heart
lil bull 04 Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 [quote name='saintwannab7' date='May 19 2004, 10:06 AM'] well I don't know if I have a very favorite Christian song... I love Worlds Apart by Jars of Clay. I like most anything by Relient K, DC Talk, Mercy Me, and most any type of praise and worship songs. [/quote] relient k rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OpusDei Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 Mine is a song of Third day calles "Thief". Hope I remember the name right, but yes thief.
He carries me Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 ohhhh yeah!! Third Day is wonderful! i also really like their song [url="http://www.ilyric.net/Lyrics/T/Third-Day/Take-My-Life.html"]Take My Life[/url]
prov31girl Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 Right now, I'd have to say Open Skies by David Crowder Band.
CatholicCurlyGirl Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 I have way too many favorite songs. My ultimate favorite is "Ave Maria," and I've been listening to a lot of Jeremy Camp lately. His "Stay" CD is so awesome. It's good from start to finish. He also has an awesome story and is an inspiring artist. Oh yea, and he's totally cute!! :wub:
ransom Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 (edited) [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='May 18 2004, 05:36 PM']*hijack* Does anybody here remember Stryper? [/quote] Thursday May 27th my [url="http://www.recycledsouls.org"]band[/url] is opening for Robert Sweet's (former drummer for Stryper) new band "Blissed". I'm not a Stryper fan, but my singer is and he is totally geeked about this show. Some of my favorite Christian bands are: [url="http://www.payableondeath.com/"]POD[/url]-just saw them in concert and they were awesome [url="http://www.blindside-silence.com/"]Blindside[/url]-they were on the same bill with POD and were pretty good also. We will be opening for them in August. [url="http://www.disciplerocks.com/"]Disciple[/url]-one of the best hardcore/groove bands ever. We will be opening for them in June. [url="http://www.project86.com/"]Project86[/url]-Considered one of the best hardcore bands even in the secular scene. [url="http://www.pillarmusic.com/"]Pillar[/url]-These guys are more straight ahead hard rock and they certainly do that. Their bass player goes to my church, [url="http://www.saintben.com/"]St. Benedict's in Broken Arrow Ok.[/url] I guess my favorite song right now would be "Revolution" by POD from their CD "Payable On Death" That's my two cents worth. pax Christi, ransom Edited May 19, 2004 by ransom
voiciblanche Posted May 19, 2004 Posted May 19, 2004 Ransom, you're playing with Blindside?! That's so cool! I love them; they're pro-lifers!!
joemal1117 Posted May 20, 2004 Posted May 20, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='May 18 2004, 05:36 PM'] *hijack* Does anybody here remember Stryper? [/quote] [QUOTE] Styper rules!!!! I saw them in '84 after I tossed out my Led Zep and VH. I caught a New Testament and also Robert Sweet's drum stick. Had it for years... Nothin' like a little Yellow and Black attack to get one to play some serious Christian Air Guitar and Drums :bee:
ransom Posted May 20, 2004 Posted May 20, 2004 (edited) [quote name='voiciblanche' date='May 19 2004, 05:15 PM'] Ransom, you're playing with Blindside?! That's so cool! I love them; they're pro-lifers!! [/quote] Yeah, they are the real deal. They stopped their show here in Tulsa to talk about respecting life and the aids crisis in Africa. We're pretty psyched about getting the opening slot for that show. I hear they're really down to earth and not about the whole rock star thing despite their success. pax Christi, ransom p.s. If you're near the Dallas area we will be at The Asylum this Friday, May 21st. We're called [url="http://www.recycledsouls.org"]Recycled Souls[/url]. I don't have any other info other than that though. I just ride in the back of the van and get out and play when they tell me to. Edited May 20, 2004 by ransom
crusader1234 Posted May 20, 2004 Posted May 20, 2004 Hey 'He Carries Me', Im glad you liked it. Bob Dylan is my hero (see avatar)
Katholikos Posted May 20, 2004 Posted May 20, 2004 Panis Angelicus Tantum ergo Sacramentum O Salutaris Hostia Hail Holy Queen Come Holy Ghost, Creator Blest ... I'm practicing my "et cum spiritu tuo" for June 6 and the first Tridentine Latin Mass I will have attended since the close of Vatican II.
crusader1234 Posted May 20, 2004 Posted May 20, 2004 Panis Angelicus... haha GOOD TIMES in MANDATORY school choir. Paaaanis an-ge-licuuus. Fiiiiit paaaaniiiis hominuuummmm... daaaaaat paaanniiiiis coelicuus figuriiiis terminUUUUMMMMM. oooooh reesss mirabilis MAAAANNDUUUUCATT DOMINUM.. pauper, PAUUUUUper, servus et humILISSSSSSSSSS. Wow Choir was annoying.
DemonSlayer Posted May 20, 2004 Posted May 20, 2004 [quote name='ransom' date='May 19 2004, 01:17 PM'] [url="http://www.pillarmusic.com/"]Pillar[/url]-These guys are more straight ahead hard rock and they certainly do that. Their bass player goes to my church, [url="http://www.saintben.com/"]St. Benedict's in Broken Arrow Ok.[/url] [/quote] Kalel from Pillar is a Catholic? I thought they were all protestants.
DemonSlayer Posted May 20, 2004 Posted May 20, 2004 My favourite Christian (excl. Hymns): Alive, Messenjah - P.O.D. Local Vengeance Killing - Living Sacrifice A Break in the Clouds - Crutch Existence in Despair - Soul Embraced Kephas - Critical Mass Infected - Demon Hunter
ransom Posted May 20, 2004 Posted May 20, 2004 [quote name='DemonSlayer' date='May 19 2004, 11:57 PM'] Kalel from Pillar is a Catholic? I thought they were all protestants. [/quote] Kalel isn't Catholic (yet), but his wife is and their new baby was baptised at St. Ben's recently. I think he was brought up in the Luthern church. I pray that he will soon start RCIA, he's shown an interest in it. It would be cool not to be, or at least feel like, the only Catholic on the Christian hardcore scene. pax Christi, ransom
ilovechrist Posted May 20, 2004 Posted May 20, 2004 there's a St. Ben's church? SWEET that's my name! lol... i also remembered that i like Toby Mac's stuff.. "Yours" is great. keep adding.. Ten Shekel Shirt, Lincoln Brewster.. all of them ROCK!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now