An Old School Catholic Message Board

Getting Ready To Send A Letter To Sr Marigold (and Thanks For Prayers

AnneLine

Hi, everyone,

First a grateful thank you to all of you who have been praying for my mother-in-law and our family. She is still hanging on, but my guess is it will be only a few days to a few weeks... but she could surprise us. Family isn't ready, so say a prayer for them..... and for her. I'm putting updates in the 'BG Random Thoughts' thread in open mike if you are curious.... God reward you!

Second - and more importantly - I've been thinking that it is just about time for me \ to send a letter to Sr. Marigold. If you remember, she won't be sending me letters (except maybe once or twice a year and /or at times of tonsuring and other 'biggies' as she put it). But I am sure she would love to hear from us.

I'm thinking of trying to mail off a letter to her right around August 20. If you want to just reply to this thread, I'll print it out and include it in the envelope.

If you want to send something more personal, but are OK with me seeing it, then send it in a PM (I hope I won't get my whole mail box filled, though.....)

If you want to send something personal and don't want to have me read it, please PM me for an address that you can send it to me by snail mail.... If it will be heavy, think about including some stamps. Thanks!

I think one of the HARDEST things about corresponding with cloistered religious is that it really is pretty one-sided... I have several friends who are cloistered nuns, and that is just the way it works. BUT they really do appreciate the letters, so it is worth the effort. So now you have almost 2 weeks warning if you want to think about what to write!

I may wait a LITTLE bit beyond Aug 20, but I want to send it before mid-Sept. because I know they start their Advent fasting in September, and I don't know if they correspond during Advent.

Holding you & yours in prayer as well!

bump.... just want to be sure everyone sees it....

get your msgs to me by Aug 20 if you want me to send any to Sr Mariigold....

Your loving extern, AnneLine..... who is now off to the hospital to be with my MIL. Please keep on praying for us....

OnlySunshine

She was very supportive of my discernment, so I think she would love to hear that I am done with psychological evaluation and I am an aspirant to the community. :)

Thanks, AnneLine!

Strictlyinkblot

Please send her my best wishes. I hope everything continues to go well for her and I will pray for her and for you and your family at this difficult time.

Just a reminder... I now have 3 responses to include in our package for Sr. Marigold.... August 20 is coming fast.... (altho I might hold off mailing a day or two longer if urged....)

If you want to send me a PM, or include a note on this thread, either will work; I also will give a Snail Mail address that you can send a letter or small package to if requested.....

Blessings!

AnneLine your snuffly VS Extern....

[i]Sending my best wishes to Sr Marigold.I hope that she is settled in her Community., My prayers for her , yourself and your family at this time.[/i]

[quote]AnneLine your snuffly VS Extern....
[/quote]

:love: love the title! Unfortunately, I wasn't around when Marigold was on PM, but I am wishing her the best! Her posts are so much fun to read. :)

whoooops wrong emoticon (the 1st one). Dumb little things! I meant :lol:

Edited by emmaberry

Anyone is welcome to send Sr. Marigold a note. She was with us for quite a whilte - and had a thread on entering the Monastery the Orthodox Way. Sister Marigold (her PM name) is an Eastern Orthodox Christian, and we were blessed to have her among us - and we learned a lot from her. I don't think most of us knew much about becoming an Orthodox nun before she arrived!

I can't imagine how much faith it would take to take on HOMELAND SECURITY to pursue my vocation in a different country!

I believe she spent the last few months staying with a friend because she had given everything away thinking her visa would come through faster than it did!

Having been in a religous community at one point, it DOES help to get mail from people.... so feel free to respond to this thread and/or to PM me if you want to drop a note to her.

Down to about 100 hours... so I'd best start writing my OWN letter! :)

(P.S. -- I'm a 'snuffly Extern' because I have a bad CODE in my HEAD. :cry4: )

It does give me a good reason to get in some extra sleep. :sleep3:

I'm the 'PhatMass Extern' 'cause my husband wouldn't like it if I left and headed off to a monastery, so I'll be around and can do this for any of you who want to use my services! :)

Edited by AnneLine

Greeting from me! And that I will write to her (and to you Anne Linne...) at some point when I have time ;) I hope and pray that she is adapting well and enjoys to be finally there!

Could you print this off:

Sr. Marigold, I am sending my prayers. I'll be entering my community in less than two weeks- it's quite the array of emotions! If you have a moment, please keep my mom in your prayers. May God bless you and Our Lady hold you.