An Old School Catholic Message Board

Questionnaire

Julie de Sales

Julie de Sales

These are some of the answers Blessed Elisabeth of the Trinity gave some days after her entrance in the Carmel. I’m curious what would be your own answers:

-Which is your ideal of Holiness?
A: Living of love.

-Which is the fastest way to get there?
A: Making yourself very small, surrender without turning back.

-Which is the women saint you prefer the most and why?
A: Our mother St Therese because she died of love.

-In which mood (fr.dispositions) would you like to be at the moment of death?
A: I would like to die loving, and fall into the arms of the One whom I love.

-Which type of martyrdom would you prefer?
A: I like them all, especially that of love.

Edited by Julie de Sales

OnlySunshine

That's interesting! I don't think we've had anything like this on VS before. These are my answers. :)

A: [i]Trying your best to live out your life following God's law and devoting yourself to Him.[/i]

A: [i]Abandoning yourself to His will and providence by becoming a little child (like St. Therese)[/i]

A: [i]St. Therese of Lisieux; she was so trusting of our Lord even in her illness which made her a saint[/i]

A: [i]I would like to be ready to see my Beloved Jesus knowing that I have repented from all sin and have embraced life to the fullest[/i]

A: [i]I was just discussing this with my Bible Study group this Tuesday -- I really respect and admire the martyrs who were killed defending the faith to the end like St. Agnes of Rome or Joan of Arc (whom St. Therese looked up to).[/i]

HopefulBride

A:[i] [/i][i]Thinking, seeing and hearing Christ in everyone one encounters[/i]

A: [i]Denying of self and one's desisres[/i]

A: [i]St. Monica, In my opinion, she suffered much due to her worry about her son's soul. She nevertheless prayed tirelessly and never failed to trust in the Lord's ability to work in the life of her son (and now he's a saint too!)[/i]

A: [i]I would like to be completely abandoned to God's Holy will[/i]

A: [i]White Martyrdom[/i]

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1344618853' post='2465614']
That's interesting! I don't think we've had anything like this on VS before. These are my answers. :)

A: [i]Trying your best to live out your life following God's law and devoting yourself to Him.[/i]

A: [i]Abandoning yourself to His will and providence by becoming a little child (like St. Therese)[/i]

A: [i]St. Therese of Lisieux; she was so trusting of our Lord even in her illness which made her a saint[/i]

A: [i]I would like to be ready to see my Beloved Jesus knowing that I have repented from all sin and have embraced life to the fullest[/i]

A: [i]I was just discussing this with my Bible Study group this Tuesday -- I really respect and admire the martyrs who were killed defending the faith to the end like St. Agnes of Rome or Joan of Arc (whom St. Therese looked up to).[/i]
[/quote]

I'd really like to change my saint to St. Elizabeth of the Visitation. I don't know why I didn't think of her when answering this!

The reason why I'd choose her is because of her great faith in God's plan. She greeted Our Lady with such humility and joy and I cannot help crying when I read the story in the Gospel of Luke.

[i]Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb! [/i][i]And who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me? [/i][i]From the moment your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy. Blessed is she who believed that the Lord's words would be fulfilled![/i]

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

OnlySunshine

[quote name='1AMDG' timestamp='1344626864' post='2465669']
Well, I think that it is difficult to have a better answer than Blessed Elisabeth of the Trinity
[/quote]

That's my friend's favorite saint. She re-entered the Carmelite Sisters of the Divine Heart of Jesus and given the name of Sr. Mary Elizabeth which, incidently, is what I would like my name to be in religious life but I want it for St. Elizabeth of the Visitation. :)

[quote name='1AMDG' timestamp='1344626864' post='2465669']
Well, I think that it is difficult to have a better answer than Blessed Elisabeth of the Trinity
[/quote]

I know, right!? I do think that every saint would not answer these questions the same way the Saint did...the Body of Christ is a wonderful mystery in that way!

[color=#222222][font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][size=4][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

A: Doing everything to please the Beloved.

A: Seeing every action as a way to please Jesus.

A: This is difficult, because I love St Therese and St Clare so much. I would have to say Saint Clare, because hopefully she will be my holy mother in religious life. She truly saw Christ as a her lover, and so she went to meet him in all her finery just as a woman would for the man she loves. I admire her sense of drama and her total femininity, both in her actions and the beautiful language of her Holy Rule. She considered work a grace, and constantly reminded her sisters that they were Queens and Heiresses of the Kingdom. For her, religious life was far more of a fairytale kind of life than living in her expensive castle. Like I said, I love her drama!

A: Anticipation in soon seeing Jesus.

A: Red, but I have an inkling that God is calling me to White Martyrdom.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

OnlySunshine

I had to look up what you all meant by red or white martyrdom. I didn't know what it meant! :hehe2:

I would prefer "white martyrdom" because it is more of a struggle and you learn so much by the obstacles you overcome.

AccountDeleted

Interesting questions. How I answer today might be different than how I would answer tomorrow or next week or next month etc, but right now...

A: Holiness = true humility

A: Fastest doesn't matter to me but best to me is trusting in God to sanctify my soul in His time and His way.

A: St Teresa of Avila, strength and courage combined with a burning love for God and St Therese who showed us that trust in God will gain us everything.

A: Humble and trusting in God's mercy and love for me.

A: I would like to share the Cross with Jesus whichever way He thinks is best. Dying for the faith sometimes seems easier (or perhaps just quicker) than dying to self in little ways, but I trust God's choice for me.

Edited by nunsense