An Old School Catholic Message Board

Praised Be Jesus Christ!

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi Pham,
It's been quite a while since I have posted, but I want to let you all know that after much prayer and counsel, my community and I discerned that I am not called to the religious life. It was a difficult but beautiful journey to discovery, and it was full of grace and the mercy of the Lord. God is good, and He leads as he wills. "He leads, I follow."
I was with the Sisters for almost 5 years, and I would not trade those years for anything in the world. The community is wonderful and loving. I could not have asked for a more beautiful community with whom to spend these special years of my life. I am ever so grateful to the Sisters, and especially to God for leading me there for a time.
So I continue on the journey, striving to follow Jesus wherever He goes. Please know that I am full of peace and joy, with full knowledge that I am doing the will of the Lord. Keep me in prayer as I grow daily in the love of Jesus. You will certainly be in mine! One of the most important things that I have learned is that there is no reason to be afraid to follow God's will. It is difficult and painful at times, but one will never regret following the voice of the Lord. Have courage, friends! You will never regret it!
In the love of Jesus,
J

dymphnamaria

It is really painful to discover that religious life is not for you,as I am also experiencing this. I'll send you a pm. I am keeping you in my prayers! :)

Now & forever! Welcome back!!!!! It's really great to hear from you!!! (sent you a PM too :like:) May God continue to bless you as you discern what He is calling you to next! :pray:

TheresaThoma

Welcome back! I hadn't joined PM before you left but you have been mentioned here and there. Prayers for you during this transition!

OnlySunshine

I was not here when you first posted as I wasn't discerning then, but I've heard periodic updates about your progress from the likes of stlmom and others. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to discern out of religious life. I don't think that anyone, regardless of the circumstances, makes a mistake in leaving. 5 years is a long time and I'm sure you learned some valuable life lessons that will assist you in your lifelong formation, whatever your vocation may be. You will be in my prayers as you embark on this next chapter of your life. :)

I remember you from when I was lurking, and I have prayed - and do pray - for you since then. Welcome home, and let us know how we can help you with your transition.... many of us have been there, and will echo what you said - God will never be outdone in generosity, and He has wonderful plans for you...

Praying for your transition. Your willingness to follow God's Will wherever it takes you is very inspiring. Welcome back! ..even though I was definitely not on PM when you entered.

Yes, lol, one of the few PM'ers who was around before you entered is saying welcome back! :) I'm not on too much any more, but just happened to check in today. Hope you will stick around for a bit and offer some advice to the discerners. Are you planning to continue your education now that you are out?

[quote name='stlmom' timestamp='1345151519' post='2468797']
Hope you will stick around for a bit and offer some advice to the discerners. [/quote]

Please do! That is one of my favorite things about being on VS.

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345172748' post='2468957']
Please do! That is one of my favorite things about being on VS.
[/quote]

I'd be happy to stick around on VS. If anyone has specific questions about discernment in general or my experience, etc. please don't hesitate to PM me. I am happy to share and be of service! I won't be on a whole lot because of school, but I will keep tabs on VS!

[quote name='stlmom' timestamp='1345151519' post='2468797']
Are you planning to continue your education now that you are out?
[/quote]

Yes, actually I move back to the university I was attending last year in about a week. I am continuing nursing school... two years left!