An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Advice From A Sister

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

I can't remember her name or which Community she is from - All I can remember is that she had an amesome blue habit - but once at the Midwest Catholic Family Conference a Sister said she had visited several Communities before the one she eventually entered, and the way she knew the others were wrong for her and the last one was right is that the last one was the only one that felt like home.

This just hit me today so I figured I would share it.

FP: Seems like simple advice, and I know I always rolled my eyes a little when a Sister would say this, but it is so true. The sense of 'home' is amazing and powerful. As part of this sense of 'home', I also felt a bond with Mother Abbess that I did not experience with the other Mothers/Prioresses/Abbesses I spoke with. Thanks for posting!

HopefulBride

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345003088' post='2467770']
I can't remember her name or which Community she is from - All I can remember is that she had an amesome blue habit - but once at the Midwest Catholic Family Conference a Sister said she had visited several Communities before the one she eventually entered, and the way she knew the others were wrong for her and the last one was right is that the last one was the only one that felt like home.

This just hit me today so I figured I would share it.
[/quote]

You went to the Midwest Catholic Family Conference? the SMMCs go there. What did this Awe-Some blue habit look like....?

PhuturePriest

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1345024171' post='2467858']
You went to the Midwest Catholic Family Conference? the SMMCs go there. What did this Awe-Some blue habit look like....?
[/quote]

I've gone there every single year since I was three. Is this the one in Wichita or the one in Chicago? I go to the one in Wichita, but I have also been to the one in Chicago several times.

I'm not sure. Their Community used to be Sedavacantist since Vatican II first happened, and then a little while ago half of the Community split and entered full Communion with Rome.

HopefulBride

That's my community :) that's what I thought. I think you might have spoken to Sr. Marguerite Marie. We call her sister M squared lol