An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sspx Members Welcome?

Studiumecclesiae

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1345678167' post='2472183']

That's the thing. You have not been bold nor brazen, yet ambiguous. What is clear[at least to me] is that you side with SSPX, without stating such. If I am incorrect, I apologize. But I must be honest. I would like to add that I believe your posts are charitable and sincere, which I really appreciate.
[/quote]
If by "siding with the sspx" you mean siding against the Church, then you are incorrect, and reading into my posts content that simply is not there. But I appreciate your kind words, and therefore I am not upset about the mistaken assumption.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1345680736' post='2472212']
May the Good Lord see to it that the SSPX return fully to Rome... so that souls may be saved, reverence be exemplified, and these sorta silly debates will cease to exist ... :P

"c'mon Fellay, you can do it! Go Fellay go!" :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
[/quote]

I share this opinion.

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1345675475' post='2472157']
Typically when a bunch of people attack you... you get defensive. It's kinda how things work.
[/quote]

That's obvious. My suggestion is to avoid becoming defensive.

Let's assume person X did not intend to sound like he was disagreeing with the church authority. Let's also assume that several people perceived that person X did intend to voice disagreement. In that case, I think the responsibility falls on person X to acknowledge and learn from the situation rather than act as if there was some attack.

If most people understood the intent of person X, but one person took issue, I would think that the responsibility falls on the person who took issue to acknowledge and learn.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345681568' post='2472227']
Call me ignorant if you like, but could someone explain this to me?
[/quote]

I didn't get it myself, but [url="https://www.google.co.in/search?q=IRA+retirement&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a"]Googling "IRA+Retirement"[/url] gave me [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual_retirement_account"]this page as the first result[/url], which I think provides an explanation.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Innocent' timestamp='1345686453' post='2472302']
I didn't get it myself, but [url="https://www.google.co.in/search?q=IRA+retirement&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a"]Googling "IRA+Retirement"[/url] gave me [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual_retirement_account"]this page as the first result[/url], which I think provides an explanation.
[/quote]

That is the lamest joke I have ever witnessed Maximilianus utter. He should go to the Bad Catholics thread.

missionseeker

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1345679001' post='2472193']
Ok- does picnic wear work better for ya or just rolled out of bed wear ;)

Seriously though I have seen guys in swimming trucks in Kansas. Never a bikini (thanks be to God!) I was using the term to loosely (sorry) but I think we get the picture and something most were agreeing with in the thread earlier. I just think maybe we are taking things a bit to literally on this thread. Or maybe we just need more ponies or something...
[/quote]

I was wondering if you actually had seen beachwear at Mass.

I also think that many times people tend exaggerate about the abuses in the NO to prove points about how awful it can be. I realize that in some cases there really are bad abuses but that is not the fault of the Mass.

At any rate I don't see much of a difference between those who refuse to obey regarding the second vatican council and Tridenteen mass or the ones who play rainsticks and wear rainbows at NO Masses. They are both cafeteria Catholics. One stays at the meat bar and one at the dessert bar. Neither constitutes a proper meal.

Just a few facts:

- The Holy Father very much wants to 'make regular' FSSPX, and bring them back into full communion.
- The commission of Ecclesia Dei is working VERY hard to make this 'reunion' a reality. ( I know someone who works in the commision, and he tells me that they are certainly not losing hope of an eventual reconciliation!)
- Many members and followers of FSSPX want to be reconciled, but unfortunately, it is very clear that there are those who are not interested in reconciling with Rome.

I am sure that you all realise these things. The issues can be quite complex, and I have had the opportunity to converse with quite a few members of the FSSPX, and deal with the problem of what may be termed as 'Radical Traditionalism'. But the problem always seems to be a lack of a real supernatural vision. It seems to me that many who ascibe to this type of traditionalism, consequencely are saying (although maybe not verbally) that the Holy Spirit has ceased to guide and protect the Church!! That the gates of Hell have prevailed!!

It is very easy to sympathize with many of their arguments, but many of their arguments are already things that the Church is addressing (liturgical abuse, clarity and orthodoxy in doctrine, etc).

Unfortunately, the longer the division lasts, the more difficult it will be to rectify the situation, so PLEASE, pray for unity for all christians, be them FSSPX, Anglicans, or Orthodox. Our mission as Christians is to bring all men to Christ, to help all souls achieve salvation, let us therefore unite around Christ's Vicar, and pray that God's Holy Will be done!

Below is a prayer to the Blessed Virgin for Christian Unity:

[color=#0000ff][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]O Virgin immaculate, thou who by a singular privilege of grace wast preserved from original sin, look in pity upon our separated brethren, who are nevertheless thy children, and call them back to the center of unity. Not a few of them, although separated from the Church, have kept a certain veneration for thee; and do thou, generous as thou art, reward them for it, by obtaining for them the grace of conversion.[/font][/i][/color]
[color=#0000ff][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Thou wast conqueror of the infernal serpent from the first instant of thy existence; renew even now, for it is now more necessary than ever before, thine ancient triumphs; glorify thy divine Son, bring back to Him the sheep that have strayed from the one fold and place them once more under the guidance of the universal Shepherd who holds the place of thy Son on earth; let it be thy glory, O Virgin who destroyest all heresies, to restore unity and peace once more to all the Christian people.[/font][/i][/color]
AMEN!!

[b][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]AVE MARIA!![/font][/b]

franciscanheart

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1345672554' post='2472113']
Like a boss. Akin to one. You have a position of power.
[/quote]
If that's what you want to think, sure. :|

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1345665603' post='2472066']
I would disagree. Certainly no one was trying to clear up confusion about there being only one Peter?
"[color=#001320][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(249, 253, 255)]And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

As you are well aware, not all cases of the second person in Scripture are so clear about whether a singular or a plural is being addressed.

There are many cases where there would be ambiguity if "thou" were not used for every second person singular. The Ten Commandments, for example, could be interpreted as being addressed only to the group as a whole rather than to each person individually if the translation read "Ye (or you) shall . . ." rather than "Thou shalt . . ."

[quote name='Studiumecclesiae' timestamp='1345558795' post='2471220']
Why should we have to meet the Holy Father (face to face) with a mantilla on when it's not obliged before the Almighty? It doesn't make sense.[/quote]

I had this question too, when I found out that a veil was required when meeting with the Holy Father.

Edit: Also, it has been nice seeing you around VS, Studium!

Edited by emmaberry

PhuturePriest

All debating and bashing aside, I want you to know that I would very much like you to stay, Studiumecclesiae. I know that you probably feel as if everyone here is a jerk and that you are unwelcome. Don't worry, I had the same exact feeling when I came here. I thought everybody was out to get everybody with a different view and if you did not conform you were a pariah and no one would respect you. Well, quite simply, this is false. If this were true I would have been banned long ago for kissing the ground Michael Voris walks on. I was tempted to leave a few times, but I decided to tough it out, and I discovered that the people here were in fact very loving, very kind, and respected people they didn't agree with very much. Sometimes we get overzealous when debating, but if you can find it in yourself to tough it out, once you are passed the debating you will find that you have made friends even with people you debated all of the time. I thought I was going to have to kill USAirways and Hasan when I first joined and I never thought we would get along, but once we got passed all of the debating we found an understanding, and dare I say I enjoy speaking with them today. I certainly never thought I would ever speak to Lil'Red without a cringe, but I have found her opinion means very much to me and I always feel greatly disappointed in myself if I have disappointed her in some way. I hope that you will choose to stay and get to know us before you make a decision. I chose to, and it was definitely not a mistake.

franciscanheart

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345727599' post='2472563']
All debating and bashing aside, I want you to know that I would very much like you to stay, Studiumecclesiae. I know that you probably feel as if everyone here is a jerk and that you are unwelcome. Don't worry, I had the same exact feeling when I came here. I thought everybody was out to get everybody with a different view and if you did not conform you were a pariah and no one would respect you. Well, quite simply, this is false. If this were true I would have been banned long ago for kissing the ground Michael Voris walks on. I was tempted to leave a few times, but I decided to tough it out, and I discovered that the people here were in fact very loving, very kind, and respected people they didn't agree with very much. Sometimes we get overzealous when debating, but if you can find it in yourself to tough it out, once you are passed the debating you will find that you have made friends even with people you debated all of the time. I thought I was going to have to kill USAirways and Hasan when I first joined and I never thought we would get along, but once we got passed all of the debating we found an understanding, and dare I say I enjoy speaking with them today. I certainly never thought I would ever speak to Lil'Red without a cringe, but I have found her opinion means very much to me and I always feel greatly disappointed in myself if I have disappointed her in some way. I hope that you will choose to stay and get to know us before you make a decision. I chose to, and it was definitely not a mistake.
[/quote]
I'd prop you, but I don't want it to go to your head. :|

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345727599' post='2472563']
[/quote]
Well said FP. Run along to school now.