An Old School Catholic Message Board

"pregnant Man" Files For Divorce

Lil Red

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2012/08/pregnant-man-files-for-divorce/
[indent]
The “pregnant man” may soon be a male single mother.
[url="http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Thomas+Beatie"]Thomas Beatie[/url], a transgender man who bore three children, is filing for divorce from his wife Nancy, [url="http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/local_news/water_cooler/thomas-beatie-pregnant-man-files-for-divorce-from-wife-nancy-beatie-judge-questions-marriage"]WPTV reported[/url].
But a judge is questioning whether their marriage was legally valid in the first place. Beatie is hoping it is, even though it’d be cheaper for him if it wasn’t.
He was born as a woman in Hawaii and had a sex change before getting married in 2003, though he still has female reproductive organs.
He bore three of the couple’s children because his wife was infertile, and made headlines when photos of him with a beard and a pregnant belly were made public.
Hawaii recognizes Beatie, 37, as a man. But Arizona, where he lives now, does not because he still had female organs when he wed Nancy. The state does not allow same-sex marriage.[/indent]

PhuturePriest

Well, I can't say I am surprised. I also hope people stop calling her a guy. You are affiliated with your sexual gender by your sexual organ. I don't care if you look like an Amazon, you're still a woman.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345131575' post='2468620']
Well, I can't say I am surprised. I also hope people stop calling her a guy. You are affiliated with your sexual gender by your chromosomes [s]sexual organ[/s]. I don't care if you look like an Amazon, you're still a woman.
[/quote]

Fixed...

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1345130502' post='2468615']
I like how well your avatar pairs with this story. lol
[/quote]

i was totally thinking that too!!!

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1345131575' post='2468620']
Well, I can't say I am surprised. I also hope people stop calling her a guy. You are affiliated with your sexual gender by your sexual organ. I don't care if you look like an Amazon, you're still a woman.
[/quote]

Actually, the gender of a person is part of their substance, part of their very essense. As Bl. JPII pointed out, there is no such thing as a human person who happens to be male or female (in philosophical language, gender is NOT accidental to the person), a person is either a male person or a female person, in spite of what they have done to their bodies...

What a confused age we live in, let us pray for HER ,and as says Emily Ann, especially for the children!

AVE MARIA!!

Let's be clear. This was not a pregnant man. This was a pregnant woman that had her body modified to appear as a man.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1345140326' post='2468654']
Fixed...
[/quote]

You're being too scientific. Chromosomes are my most hated subject on the planet... :|