An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sr. Francis Sharbel

Blessed&Grateful

Blessed&Grateful

I was at the shrine this morning sister died last evening. May she rest in peace.

On a happier note, I have always loved the PCs singing, it's even better in person!

(Was in Birmingham for work, got done early so had today to go see the shrine.)

PhuturePriest

That is sad to hear about Sister. I will pray for the repose of her soul.

I actually visited Birmingham five years ago. It was unplanned, but we got there on the day that a young girl was entering the Poor Clares. We were there in the hallway as she knelt down and did some ceremonial things with the two Sisters that were standing at the door. It was very cool to see two of the Nuns in real life.

[quote name='littleflower3' timestamp='1346972910' post='2479545']
Which Sister? Mother Angelica?
[/quote]
No, Sr. Francis Sharbel. RIP

[url="http://www.hancevillefuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1580728&fh_id=13254"]http://www.hancevill...728&fh_id=13254[/url] :pray:

Fr.Joseph Mary mentioned the passing of Sr.Sharbel,starting at the begining of his homily yesterday (Thursday) morning. I watched it on EWTN at 5am my time. I was very suprised and saddened. My heart goes out to Mother Angelica and to all of her PCPA sisters!!! After I got off from work yesterday afternoon, I went to my church and said a few prayers and lit a candle in her memory!! "The spirit lives, as long as the living remember"! RIP dear Sister Sharbel!! Thank You for your perpetual adoration of our Lord Jesus Christ. (and for those of us, that you kept in youre prayers) :nun3: