An Old School Catholic Message Board

" Little Birthday Gift To Our Blessed Mother " Sr. Mary...

Chiquitunga

[quote name='SstrAli' timestamp='1347940601' post='2483588']
[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/198442_10152104593800080_463481513_n.jpg[/img]

Thought you guys might enjoy a few more pictures of Sister.
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing! I can't help but think that the habit and being barefoot take a while to get used to, especially the wimple being around your face and neck. I know I'd have an issue with it for a while. Regardless, Sr. Mary Agnes looks beautiful! I'm so happy for her! :)

ETA: I just noticed something interesting, too! Normally, Franciscans and Poor Clares have a knotted cincture but Sr. Mary Agnes' is not knotted. It made me realize that her Sisters don't issue the knotted one until she makes profession.

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Wow, she looks sooooo....happy! I've always loved the Poor Clare Habit, it's so beautiful. Thanks Chiquitunga and SsrAli for the pics.

[quote name='SstrAli' timestamp='1347942889' post='2483597']
Yes, you are correct on that information...the knots don't get tied until Profession :) I personally would love a community that goes barefoot :)
[/quote]

I would, too! I'm always barefoot in my house, especially after I got toenail fungus last year. That was unpleasant. My preferred shoes are flip-flops but I love being barefoot because it keeps me nice and cool. :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1347943056' post='2483600']
I would, too! I'm always barefoot in my house, especially after I got toenail fungus last year. That was unpleasant. My preferred shoes are flip-flops but I love being barefoot because it keeps me nice and cool. :)
[/quote]

I'm the same way...my feet need air. LOL. I am always barefoot inside too.

[quote name='SstrAli' timestamp='1347943142' post='2483601']
I'm the same way...my feet need air. LOL. I am always barefoot inside too.
[/quote]

I can't tell you how relieved I was to learn that my Sisters wear sandals. I don't wear closed toed shoes except to Church (since I'm an EMHC), when it's raining, and during the cold days. Most of my Sisters are nurses, though, so I don't know if they have to wear clogs or closed toed shoes when on-duty. :)

[quote name='SstrAli' timestamp='1347940601' post='2483588']
[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/198442_10152104593800080_463481513_n.jpg[/img]

Thought you guys might enjoy a few more pictures of Sister.

[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/539471_10152104592695080_1285910944_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Wow SstrAli!!! Thank you so much for posting these pictures!!!! :nun1: :nun2:

They must have been posted on FB by some of her college friends who were there. I soo appreciate seeing them!! My pictures turned out so bad and I only took a few because I knew I would get some from someone already taking lots. Well, she sent me a few of the other day, but it ends up they are just as blurry and smaller than mine... (although I loved seeing them nevertheless!!)

Moral of the story: smart phones take better pictures than digital cameras!! :photo: unless you know how to use them! :blush:

Honestly, I have been resigning myself interiorly, lol, to having to just ponder that beautiful day in my heart :heart:(Lk 2:19)

Ahh, thank you so much!!! And I will post the ones she sent me anyway :like: I wish those girls were there when she had her wedding dress! They came after the ceremony when she was greeting people in the parlor.

Edited by Chiquitunga

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1347943478' post='2483603']
I can't tell you how relieved I was to learn that my Sisters wear sandals. I don't wear closed toed shoes except to Church (since I'm an EMHC), when it's raining, and during the cold days. Most of my Sisters are nurses, though, so I don't know if they have to wear clogs or closed toed shoes when on-duty. :)
[/quote]

You might have to PM your community name :) Sandals...oh how I love Sandals :)

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1347942513' post='2483595']
Thanks for sharing! I can't help but think that the habit and being barefoot take a while to get used to, especially the wimple being around your face and neck. I know I'd have an issue with it for a while. Regardless, Sr. Mary Agnes looks beautiful! I'm so happy for her! :)

ETA: I just noticed something interesting, too! Normally, Franciscans and Poor Clares have a knotted cincture but Sr. Mary Agnes' is not knotted. It made me realize that her Sisters don't issue the knotted one until she makes profession.
[/quote]

I visited PCC communities and all the nuns say they had no problem with the full habit. They say as the PCC habit is simple (not many parts) and soft, no starched parts, it is easy to wear and they don't have a breaking in period. But they said even if the habit at first was something to get used to, it still wouldn't bother them as habit is their wedding dress they get to wear every day with love. Also, St. Francis made/designed the Franciscan habit after the cross because he wanted to put on the cross every day so they want to continue this devotion. Even the part around the face and neck is comfortable, not binding or restrictive.

If you notice her head wear is a bit different than other PCC habits. Minooka (founded from Rockford) has the same habit. These 2 communities don't have the forehead band like others do (Roswell, Cleveland, etc) - their head wear comes down over the head wear (sorry forget the name!) to be forehead band-like but isn't, it's all one piece. So that is one less piece, probably more comfortable. (See the picture below of a PCC from Cleveland's forehead band which is a separate piece from the rest of the head wear):

[img]http://www.poorclarecolettines-cleveland.org/img/gallery/Sr%20Maria.jpg[/img]

[left][i][font="Arial"][size="2"] [/size][/font][/i][/left]
I LOVE the full habit, especially the PCC habit! While I was visiting the PCCs in Minooka, I tried to live their life as much as I could, going to bed at 8:30-9 pm and raising at midnight for Matins then going back to bed and rising at 5 am, and going barefoot in my room and when there was no public around (hours the monastery and chapel were closed) - and that was in February of this year! Some of the monastery, if not all, have tiled floors - where I was and in their parlor and what I could see of their mass area where the nuns hear mass and their choir - and let me tell you, that floor was COLD in February in Illinois!

Also the PCCs don't have the woman go barefoot until they are novices so during your postulancy, you wear sandals/socks/shoes - depending on the community.

I thought I'd have a hard time with the bare feet and the midnight rising (getting interrupted sleep), for the week I was there, I didn't! Yes, my feet were cold but it wasn't that bad.

God gives the grace for the life He leads you into.

[quote name='SstrAli' timestamp='1347948793' post='2483627']
You might have to PM your community name :) Sandals...oh how I love Sandals :)
[/quote]

:hehe2:

I'm being Miss Secretive, though, until the news comes in of my acceptance!

[quote name='Chiara Francesco' timestamp='1347991721' post='2483790']
I visited PCC communities and all the nuns say they had no problem with the full habit. They say as the PCC habit is simple (not many parts) and soft, no starched parts, it is easy to wear and they don't have a breaking in period. But they said even if the habit at first was something to get used to, it still wouldn't bother them as habit is their wedding dress they get to wear every day with love. Also, St. Francis made/designed the Franciscan habit after the cross because he wanted to put on the cross every day so they want to continue this devotion. Even the part around the face and neck is comfortable, not binding or restrictive.

If you notice her head wear is a bit different than other PCC habits. Minooka (founded from Rockford) has the same habit. These 2 communities don't have the forehead band like others do (Roswell, Cleveland, etc) - their head wear comes down over the head wear (sorry forget the name!) to be forehead band-like but isn't, it's all one piece. So that is one less piece, probably more comfortable. (See the picture below of a PCC from Cleveland's forehead band which is a separate piece from the rest of the head wear):

[img]http://www.poorclarecolettines-cleveland.org/img/gallery/Sr%20Maria.jpg[/img]

I LOVE the full habit, especially the PCC habit! While I was visiting the PCCs in Minooka, I tried to live their life as much as I could, going to bed at 8:30-9 pm and raising at midnight for Matins then going back to bed and rising at 5 am, and going barefoot in my room and when there was no public around (hours the monastery and chapel were closed) - and that was in February of this year! Some of the monastery, if not all, have tiled floors - where I was and in their parlor and what I could see of their mass area where the nuns hear mass and their choir - and let me tell you, that floor was COLD in February in Illinois!

Also the PCCs don't have the woman go barefoot until they are novices so during your postulancy, you wear sandals/socks/shoes - depending on the community.

I thought I'd have a hard time with the bare feet and the midnight rising (getting interrupted sleep), for the week I was there, I didn't! Yes, my feet were cold but it wasn't that bad.

God gives the grace for the life He leads you into.
[/quote]

Thank you, Chiara, for the beautiful explanation. I will be honest with you -- if I could enter any religious order in the world with no obstacles, it would be the Poor Clare Colettines. I am a Franciscan at heart and I have always loved the joyful life that these beautiful Sisters live. It is austere to such an extent that you are truly thankful for what you have and you don't miss anything that you don't have. I remember watching the videos on the Belleville PCC's website and wishing that I had a cloistered, contemplative vocation. I admire and respect anyone who has it. :)

just wanted to post this here from the Nuns Picture Thread :heart: still so happy for her that she is finally there and now clothed! :nun1:

[quote name='Piccoli Fiori JMJ' timestamp='1296002928' post='2204381']
+JMJ

[img]http://grab.by/grabs/06da3d6cbc87361ff407f9eaba7ca7b4.png[/img]
Isn't it just like heaven? :love:

[img]http://grab.by/grabs/496099fd721ea9ed69537b8d3477d2d4.png[/img]
[/quote]

rest of my pictures to come soon :like:

• 3 months later...

Praised be Jesus Christ & His Holy Mother! Okay, I finally got around to uploading the rest of the pictures I have from this day. I had several others, and then one of the helpers at the monastery sent me a few more from inside the enclosure, which Mother Abbess gave permission to post online. Hopefully emmaberry will see these before entering (if so, prop and I'll know :like:) but if not, I shall send them in the mail. I will be writing you anyway of course :proud: And I will be sure to let Sr. Mary Agnes know about your entrance too and to ask for prayers when I write her as well. God bless!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42600580@N02/sets/72157631878051501/with/8134121455/

VeniJesuAmorMi
Praised be Jesus Christ & His Holy Mother! Okay, I finally got around to uploading the rest of the pictures I have from this day. I had several others, and then one of the helpers at the monastery sent me a few more from inside the enclosure, which Mother Abbess gave permission to post online. Hopefully emmaberry will see these before entering (if so, prop and I'll know :like:) but if not, I shall send them in the mail. I will be writing you anyway of course :proud: And I will be sure to let Sr. Mary Agnes know about your entrance too and to ask for prayers when I write her as well. God bless!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42600580@N02/sets/72157631878051501/with/8134121455/

WOW and WOW! :)

God reward you Chiquitunga for sharing these beautiful pictures. She just looks so radiant with peace and joy! I like so much how she wore the blue sash with her wedding dress. It makes me think of Our Lady of Lourdes who I love so much (and really Our Blessed Mother under every title!) Hopefully Emmaberry can see these before she enters tommorow! It might just speed up the excitement for her entrance day.  ;) The Chapel too, is beautiful.

That is my birthday!  My mom always said my birthday was special and she said that I shared it with the most loving women EVER.  I always serve mass on my birthday and I usually take Easter Lilies to put in front of the statue of Our Lady im my church.  This is an amazing birthday gift to Our Lady!!!

That is my birthday!  My mom always said my birthday was special and she said that I shared it with the most loving women EVER.  I always serve mass on my birthday and I usually take Easter Lilies to put in front of the statue of Our Lady im my church.  This is an amazing birthday gift to Our Lady!!!

Hmmm I'm not sure if Emma got a chance to see these or not, but I shall print them out for her anyway as I'm sure her community may enjoy them as well :) Happy Birthday to St. Colette! :saint: