An Old School Catholic Message Board

First Profession At Alexandria Carmel <3

Chiquitunga

[center]+JMJ[/center]

Praised be Jesus Christ! There was a First Profession at the Carmel in Alexandria, SD September 8th .. another birthday gift to Our Blessed Mother! :heart: I noticed it on the schedule of Bishop Swain of the Diocese of Sioux Falls a few weeks ago, but just found this..

[i][url="http://www.starofthesea.net/index.php/our-parish/blog/555-the-discalced-carmelite-nuns-of-alexandria-sd-joyfully-announce-the-first-profession-of-sister-elizabeth-of-the-mother-of-god-ocd-catherine-lenoma-clemen"]Sr. Elizabeth of the Mother of God, OCD[/url] :nun1:[/i]

Isn't she, or aren't they so beautiful!?! Also I noticed on His Excellency's (had to look that one up :j) [url="http://www.sfcatholic.org/Bishop/Schedule.aspx"]schedule[/url], there's a Solemn Profession coming up at the end of the month there too! :clap:

Laudem Gloriae

Thanks, chiquitunga! You always find the best Carmelite things! She DOES look so radiant and joyful! I guess she is holding the infant Mary or Jesus? I guess Mary being her nativity day.

Oh it's the Infant Jesus because this picture would be from her clothing day, since it was posted before her Profession asking for prayers :pray:

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1347424815' post='2481579']
[center]+JMJ[/center]

Praised be Jesus Christ! There was a First Profession at the Carmel in Alexandria, SD September 8th .. another birthday gift to Our Blessed Mother! :heart: I noticed it on the schedule of Bishop Swain of the Diocese of Sioux Falls a few weeks ago, but just found this..

[i][url="http://www.starofthesea.net/index.php/our-parish/blog/555-the-discalced-carmelite-nuns-of-alexandria-sd-joyfully-announce-the-first-profession-of-sister-elizabeth-of-the-mother-of-god-ocd-catherine-lenoma-clemen"]Sr. Elizabeth of the Mother of God, OCD[/url] :nun1:[/i]

Isn't she, or aren't they so beautiful!?! Also I noticed on His Excellency's (had to look that one up :j) [url="http://www.sfcatholic.org/Bishop/Schedule.aspx"]schedule[/url], there's a Solemn Profession coming up at the end of the month there too! :clap:
[/quote]

Praise God! I LOVE her name! :love: I have a devotion to Our Lady and St. Elizabeth of the Visitation is one of my very favorite saints. Sr. Elizabeth looks like she's glowing!

VeniJesuAmorMi

Praised be Jesus Christ! Now and forever. :)

God reward you Chiquitunga for sharing this with us. I always enjoy your posts about Carmel. I could never know or see enough! :heart:

Please pray with me for this woman that I met; she came to my clothing (thats when I met her.) She was in the Valparaiso Carmel for I believe 4 years but had to leave because of health reasons. Some time later she entered this Carmel (Alexandria) but had to leave for the same reasons. I think the last I heard is that after this she had went to college. It must be a great suffering for her.

Now being in this kind of situation I'm reminded that there are so many who desire to give everything to belong only to Our Lord. When one is impeded it becomes a great suffering; but as the longing increases I could imagine that if one is able to enter again the joy would be tremendous. There is always hope, and I believe that this desire we have brings Him much joy.

Laudem Gloriae

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1347427130' post='2481591']
Oh it's the Infant Jesus because this picture would be from her clothing day, since it was posted before her Profession asking for prayers :pray:
[/quote]

I realized that after I posted but was going to bed and was to lazy to boot up the computer and fix it!