An Old School Catholic Message Board

Michael Jackson Was Prolife; Link/lyrics To His Song (abortion Papers)

Dust's Sister

I am egregiously offended by this joke. I think it says a lot, none of it good, about your character that you would even conjure this joke in your mind, much less actually voice it. I encourage all Americans concerned with family values and other important things to join my moral outrage and sign my petition to have Jamie publicly horse-whipped and banished to Kazakhstan.

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1348120908' post='2484598']
Yeah, that's why priests are prolife huh?
Stupid, hateful, unnecessary comment.
[/quote]

Almost all of my comments are stupid and unnecessary and yet I have received zero public recognition from you for it. Obviously favoritism is alive and well here on phatmass.

Edited by Hasan

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY4_fyeG9Ws[/media]

[url="http://redblackghost.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/sneddons-case-against-michael-jackson-was-bullshit-matt-taibbi-rolling-stones/"]http://redblackghost...rolling-stones/[/url]

[color=#666666][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i][background=rgb(249, 247, 245)]
[i]Ostensibly a story about bringing a child molester to justice, the [url="http://www.surfcanyon.com/search?f=sl&q=Michael%20Jackson&p=wtigck"]Michael Jackson[/url] trial would instead be a kind of homecoming parade of insipid American types grifters, suckers and no-talent schemers, mired in either outright unemployment… or the bogus non-careers of the information age, looking to cash in any way they can.The MC of the proceedings was District Attorney Tom Sneddon, whose metaphorical role in this American reality show was to represent the mean gray heart of the Nixonian Silent Majority – the bitter mediocrity itching to stick it to anyone who’d ever taken a vacation to Paris. The first month or so of the trial featured perhaps the most compromised collection of prosecution witnesses ever assembled in an American criminal case – almost to a man a group of convicted liars, paid gossip hawkers or worse. The early witnesses against Jackson included a bodyguard who missed court because he was in custody facing charges stemming from a series of armed robberies, including holding up a Jack in the Box at gunpoint; a former Neverland maid who’d stolen a sketch Jackson had made of Elvis Presley and sold it to the tabloids for thirty grand; another former employee who’d lost a wrongful-termination suit against Jackson and had to pay part of a $1.4 million settlement as a result.[/i][/background][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i][background=rgb(249, 247, 245)]
[i]And then there was the very key figure in the case, the accuser’s mother, who had to plead the Fifth Amendment on the first day of her testimony to avoid cross-examination on a welfare-fraud allegation – a witness so completely full of sh—t that Sneddon’s own assistants cringed openly throughout most of her five days of testimony. In the next six weeks, virtually every piece of his case imploded in open court, and the chief drama of the trial quickly turned into a race to see if the DA could manage to put all of his witnesses on the stand without getting any of them removed from the courthouse in manacles.[/i][/background][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i][background=rgb(249, 247, 245)]
[i]Sneddon’s hard-on for Jackson was a faith-based vengeance grab every bit as blind and desperate as George Bush’s “case” against Saddam Hussein. If Ahmad Chalabi had ever been to Neverland, Sneddon would have put him on the stand too.[/i][/background][/i][/size][/font][/color][color=#666666][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i][background=rgb(249, 247, 245)]
[i][b]His case was bullsh—t.[/b] [b]California vs. Jackson turned out to be basically a tale of a family of low-rent grifters trying to lay a criminal-molestation charge on a rich celebrity as a prelude to a civil suit.[/b][/i][/background][/i][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Hasan

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1348204483' post='2484962']
there is nothing stupid or unnecessary about the comment. The man molested children and paid an exorbinant amount of money to get away with it. You want to hold a different opinion? That's your call. But it's my opinion that putting a pedophile on any type of pedestal is stupid and unnecessary.

Maybe a little hateful
[/quote]

Every person, no matter what they did, had some good in them. My conscience and my Faith tell me to believe in the good in everyone. That doesn't mean praise them all around as good people to strive to be like (And we never did praise him. Ever.), but we can talk about their good and we can say "You know, even though (Name) made mistakes, he/she still did some good and believed in some good things." Michael Jackson was pro-life, at least at this time. There's nothing wrong with being happy about that and talking about it.

Edited by FuturePriest387

I don't know much at all about Michael Jackson and honestly I don't care much about him. But two of my favorite journalists have spoken about him so I decided to link. It seems like the guy was seriously disturbed, apparently beating your kid until he can dance well and then forcing him into mega-stardom can be unhealthy, but was probably not guilty of the main charges brought against him. That being said it also seems clear that he had an unhealthy relationship with children. But that doesn't necessarily make him a pedophile.

I guess where I'm going here is that the fact that my first thought upon reading this was the exact joke that Jaime made has much more to do with my low moral caliber rather than any genuine conviction that Michael Jackson was actually a full-throated pedophile.

Edited by Hasan

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1348206550' post='2484970']
Every person, no matter what they did, had some good in them.
[/quote]

Obviously you've never been to Florida

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1348206880' post='2484973']
Obviously you've never been to Florida
[/quote]
You're a prostitute.

Edited by USAirwaysIHS

Those who call Michael Jackson a ped***le here should be ashamed for being so superficial in their judgments. I've been doing research of the allegations for three years now and can testify before God that there was not a single reason for calling him that way.

The second (Arvizos') case was a pure joke as they claimed that the boy was molested [i]after [/i]the whole world started looking at Neverland in horror (after Martin Bashir's documentary shown on TV). Following the logic of the prosecutors first he was suspected of a crime and then he decided to help the prosecution by actually committing it. Never heard of a bigger absurdity.

So it is only the first (the Chandlers') case which is more or less worth talking about. Very few people know that back in 1993 it was [i]Michael Jackson[/i] and his lawyer Bert Fields who insisted on criminal proceedings as Michael was eager to prove his innocence in court. However his accusers filed a civil suit (where no one goes to prison [i]in principle[/i], civil suits are all about money) and to Michael's misfortune the judge ruled that the civil case should [i]go first[/i], prior to the criminal case.

A civil case could last for years effectively depriving Michael Jackson of the chance to earn money. Considering that he was in the middle of the Dangerous tour (he had to pay $20mln. in damages to the tour promoter for its disruption) and that his expenses on lawyers were reported in the press to be $100,000 per week, this alone could ruin him altogether.

Hence the choice to settle (later the sum was covered by the insurance company) and go on with the criminal proceedings. The criminal case went further and lasted for another 8 months. However even after listening to 400 witnesses and [i]two[/i] Grand Juries looking into the case there was nothing found to indict Michael for.

No criminal charges were ever brought against him though he was investigated by [i]two[/i] District Attorneys (of the L.A. and Santa Barbara counties), [i]two [/i]Sheriff's departments, the Department of Family and Children Services and the FBI (who followed him for some 15 years). None of them found anything at all - Michael was clean.

The money settlement did not preclude the family from cooperating with the authorities. However they chose not to and even during the 2005 trial none of them took the opportunity to punish 'the predator". Ray Chandler, the uncle of the accuser who wrote a "tell-all" book about him was actually subpoenaed by Michael Jackson's [i]defense team[/i] to prove his case in court, but he fought it tooth and nail and hid under the Shield law protecting publishers.

Ray Chandler actually said it himself that if Michael had paid the family [i]at once[/i] he would have gone into history as the most famous performer instead of the most famous molester.

Indeed if Michael Jackson had wanted to "silence" them he would have done it at the very beginning of the case, and not half a year later when he was totally exhausted by the media nastiness and the financial burden of legal costs.

The crucial point of the whole thing is that the photos of Michael's genitalia made by the police did not match the arbitrary description made by his accuser.

The "real thing" was totally different from what he described and this is all we need to know - MJ was not circumcised (though the boy said he was) and the genitalia were not dark (though the boy thought they were as he spoke of some light splotches the "color of his face" there - by then MJ had already publicly disclosed the truth about his vitiligo). Well, even simple logic tells you that if the photos had matched, MJ would have been arrested then and there, but he wasn't.

In short the boy was telling lies about Michael Jackson.

It was a huge frame-up.