An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ninjas Or Pirates

ConfusedCatholicGuy

ConfusedCatholicGuy

So today is the International Talk Like a Pirate Day. It got me thinking: who do you think would win in a fight?

I say ninjas. I am quite passionate about it and ask new people I meet about this. In fact I gave a persuasive speech in college about how ninjas are better than pirates.

PS- To you girls out there, the fact the Johnny Depp hasn't played a ninja is not proper rationalization of a choice that pirates are better.

[quote name='ConfusedCatholicGuy' timestamp='1348091234' post='2484337']
PS- To you girls out there, the fact the Johnny Depp hasn't played a ninja is not proper rationalization of a choice that pirates are better.
[/quote]

Maybe not, but the fact that he[i] did[/i][i] [/i]play a pirate[i] is[/i]. :harhar:

Ninjas. In hand-to-hand combat Ninjas would kill Pirates within seconds. With swords it would be the same scenario. Pirates don't train all day every day like Ninjas do.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1348094240' post='2484365']
Ninjas. In hand-to-hand combat Ninjas would kill Pirates within seconds. With swords it would be the same scenario. Pirates don't train all day every day like Ninjas do.
[/quote]

Only a ninja pirate would be able to even come close to beating a pirate, and they don't exist.

More proof that pirates win: There is no such person as Dread Ninja Roberts. William Goldman was on to something.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1348095238' post='2484375']
Pirates are better.

no need for further discussion
[/quote]

Aye! Pass the rum!

[sup][i]*Drink up me hearties, yo ho!* [/i][/sup] :drunks:[sub] *Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!*[/sub]

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1348097798' post='2484394']
Ninja, pirate firearms are highly inaccurate and take forever to reload.
[/quote]

false...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/echo4lima/Somali_Pirates__zpsd75338d6.jpg[/img]
okay, AK's aren't known for accuracy, but RPGs can do some damage accurate or not.

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1348099707' post='2484416']
false...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/echo4lima/Somali_Pirates__zpsd75338d6.jpg[/img]
okay, AK's aren't known for accuracy, but RPGs can do some damage accurate or not.
[/quote]

Well played sir, I was thinking classical era piracy, not modern day. I do believe our ninja friends might face a bit of trouble compared to modern firearms. :)

Groo the Wanderer

Ninjas. Pirates pwned the cool until somalia came along and wrecked the whole profession

[img]http://beinglatino.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/captain_morgan-logo.jpg[/img]

Pirates ? Pirates are not worth the wind that fills their sails, unless you are talking about Vikings. Vikings are like pirate barbarians. Take your average caribbean pirate and put him in the cold weather and he would shiver so bad he could not hold his cutlass. Put a pirate with a cutlass up against a viking wielding an iron long sword, a halberd or an axe and you would have a pirate with soiled undies and a serious wound. Pirates were known for cowardly attacking floundered ships or ambush type attacks, vikings fought proudly head on with battles cries blazing. They died as they lived, honorably.

ed