Byzantine Posted September 30, 2012 Posted September 30, 2012 Tell me that moving on campus and thus quite possibly hurting my mother and almost certainly accumulating massive amounts of student debt is a bad idea. I would like someone to tell me that. Thank you.
Groo the Wanderer Posted September 30, 2012 Posted September 30, 2012 1. student loan debt is evil and should be avoided at almost any cost 2. living on campus for at least one semester is a once in a lifetime thing all students should do at least once 3. there is a compromise there 4. a 2 bedroom apt is much cheaper than a dorm and you can easily fit 4 students in one, as long as everyone is dependable
LittleWaySoul Posted September 30, 2012 Posted September 30, 2012 You're thinking of moving on campus, Byz?
Nihil Obstat Posted September 30, 2012 Posted September 30, 2012 I would hesitate because of the debt. If it is not necessary to take on that debt to finish school, then it is probably not worth it. I am sure you would thank yourself in five to ten years for staying debt free.
Byzantine Posted October 1, 2012 Author Posted October 1, 2012 [quote name='LittleWaySoul' timestamp='1349039919' post='2488528'] You're thinking of moving on campus, Byz? [/quote] Would prefer not to be.
Basilisa Marie Posted October 1, 2012 Posted October 1, 2012 How much debt are we talking about? A little bit of debt while splitting an apartment with a few other guys? Or a lot of debt for a single apartment and a giant meal plan? If it's a little debt, I'd do it. If it's a lot of debt, don't bother.
LittleWaySoul Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Byzantine' timestamp='1349049875' post='2488582'] Would prefer not to be. [/quote] If you'd prefer not to be, why are you in the first place? Selfishly, [i]I'd[/i] like it if you lived on campus because then you could hang out with us more, but that's not something as important as debt, etc. Edited October 2, 2012 by LittleWaySoul
BG45 Posted October 2, 2012 Posted October 2, 2012 Prayers Byz, hard choices. I agree that a semester on campus once in a lifetime can't hurt, but as someone who didn't have to take out any debt during my Bachelors or Masters when most people I know are at least 60k in the hole, I'd be leery of too much debt.
Byzantine Posted October 7, 2012 Author Posted October 7, 2012 Thanks everyone! Umm... Strange... Usually I can get at least one disapproval. I was kind of hoping for a "Byz you'd quite possibly be a terrible son, brother, etc. if you did this." And I don't know if I'm just noticing them, or if the number of organizations that want to lend me money has increased.
Nihil Obstat Posted October 7, 2012 Posted October 7, 2012 [quote name='Byzantine' timestamp='1349572522' post='2490815'] Umm... Strange... Usually I can get at least one disapproval. I was kind of hoping for a "Byz you'd quite possibly be a terrible son, brother, etc. if you did this." [/quote] Everyone leaves home someday. It is up to you to figure out if now is the right time.
Tab'le De'Bah-Rye Posted October 7, 2012 Posted October 7, 2012 [size=8][font=comic sans ms,cursive]HOW COME NO ONE IS YELLING? [/font][/size][size=8][font=comic sans ms,cursive][/font][/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now