Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Mark of the Cross
Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1350141042' post='2493044']
[quote]Although you realize perfectly well what is expected of you, you are unable to find the right words, and hence you end up saying something inappropriate in a candid way.[/quote]

I don't know about you, but I think
is a pretty accurate assessment of Winchester.
[/quote]
:unsure: It said teh same about me! :sos: As well as being moody! :detective: ragey face would have been more accurate!

Posted

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." -- William Shakespeare (Romeo & Juliet)

The website definitely seems like something that should be avoided. There is harm in putting too much stock into such things like name analysis, horoscopes, palm readings, etc. In fact, God told us to avoid them in the 10 Commandments and the Bible. ;)

eagle_eye222001
Posted (edited)

[size=4][quote]
Your First Name of: Eagle_Eye
[/size][list]
[*][size=4]The name of Eagle_Eye fits fits me well as I am a guardian (Church Militant) of the Phatmass valley in addition to my current duties as being "Captain of the Guard" as listed on my profile.[/size]
[*][size=4]I like the security of a castle-nest with a great view of the lake and mountains. I see danger from far away, and act accordingly.[/size]
[*][size=4]With my good business judgment, I take appropriate risks. My reluctance to embrace far-chances means I don't win big very often, but I keep a steady stream of income, and that is far more important.[/size]
[*][size=4]I am not your ideal candidate to run for public office because I stink at lying. I am much better at being a staunch defender of truth. So perhaps I do make a great leader...as I look for what is best...but getting elected may be difficult. Speaking with charity can be difficult for me, but I never cease trying and I am getting better. Charity and truth together always...never separated.[/size]
[*][size=4]The birds and animals of the forest look up to me to keep an eye on things and defend the valley from threats. They are particularly happy with he new missile defense system in place to shoot down enemy prey in the sky.[/size]
[*][size=4]I am great at detecting fluff and falsehoods. Doing apologetics for several years as a hobby, I have developed a knack for quickly figuring out what information is important, and what is not. This has hurt my listening skills to a small extent.[/size]
[*][size=4]The last name part of 222001 indicates that I am not to be confused with Eagle_eye222000 or Eagle_eye222002. Many people mistakenly think I chose this name because of the movie Eagle-Eye. This is false though as I chose this name roughly 3 years before the movie even came out. The lawsuit I brought against the movie producers for stealing the name has been thrown out.[/size]
[*][size=4]The website this originally came from was so full of trash that I had to edit the whole thing myself. In retrospect, I should not have entered anything. A little more on this later.[/size]
[*][size=4]As Pearls Before Swine creator Stephen Pastis said once "I like reading people's horoscopes, then after they exclaim how accurate it is, I let them know I was reading a different one."[/size]
[*][size=4]I am what God calls "beta." I would like to be perfect, but fall short. It annoys me.[/size]
[*][size=4]The risks to benefit ratio in this 'fun' game is not worth it. It can only lead to bad, and good really can't come out of it, so one shouldn't mess with it. This comes from someone who just did it twice with a fake name, and an avatar. I am not a hypocrite, but rather consistent because I put myself at fault with anyone else who did it.[/size]
[/list]
[size=4][/quote][/size]

No harm was intended by anyone. But, let's play it safe and raise a flag.




So what about your name from your perspective?

Edited by eagle_eye222001
Mark of the Cross
Posted

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1350229607' post='2493285']

So what about your name from your perspective?
[/quote]
Mark was the guy who ran away naked in fear when Jesus was arrested. Prolly sums me.

Posted

Full of justice. Many here will tell you I'm full of something else however.

Basilisa Marie
Posted

Man, I thought this thread was going to be about usernames.

Posted

me too! wuz ready to get my fangirl on :(

Groo the Wanderer
Posted

My name is Batman!

Posted

this gives me a chance to finally explain my username! I am not using that new-agey thing. LOL

Article 171 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. DONE.


[img]http://doozyfab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/g133418498561584072.jpg[/img]

Posted

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1350318019' post='2493654']
this gives me a chance to finally explain my username! I am not using that new-agey thing. LOL

Article 171 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. DONE.


[img]http://doozyfab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/g133418498561584072.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Ah, it suddenly makes so much sense. Though I had to look up what it was. :|

Posted

Let's change it then, what does your username mean? I think mine is pretty self explanatory. Maintaining America's freedom, Religious freedom (after all, that was what America was based on).

Basilisa Marie
Posted

My name's a combination of the names of two of my great-great-grandmothers.

inunionwithrome
Posted

Mine means "Like a Lamb" (First) "Graceful" (Middle) and "True Image" (Confirmation)

Posted

Let's see, my first name means "pearl", my second means "of the nobility." and my confirmation name means true image :)

Posted

*whistle whistle beep beep*

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
Posted

God is gracious

i<3franciscans
Posted

Pure joy. :)

Posted

My name is the Latin form of "Mother of Mercy" which is one of the Virgin Mary's titles (one of my personal favorites). I also pulled it from "Salve Regina" which is one of my favorite prayers. :)

Posted

My name is James Goode Fellows

I know James means "follower" but the rest I have no clue

Posted

mine was the nickname (before entrance) of Venerable Maria Felicia of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, OCD (Discalced Carmelite) :like:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...