An Old School Catholic Message Board

Archbishop Fulton Sheen On Confession

BarbTherese

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXi3jdZXZyI&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Edited by BarbaraTherese

I learnt a new term which really spoke to me from the above address by the Archbishop :

"recycled garbage" - the term speaks to me as presented by His Grace.

I loved His Grace on radio in the 'old days' - and I [u][b]absolutely love[/b][/u] his incredible eyes from seeing him for the first time 'in action' on UTube in this video. I am an Aussie, a downunderer, with a brand new laptop that is confusing me out of sight - and the giver leaves tomorrow early a.m. - and I will have to find my way round this laptop the same as I had to find my way round the internet and email in my 'not-so-young-at-all younger days' when computers were brand new to me. Useless info, I know, but there you go typical type of info from "recycled garbage". :brutebeast:

Edited by BarbaraTherese

He is an absolute treasure! And I am totally drawn by his eyes. His physical appearance even looks like saint should ideally look to me and he fits the image in my mind perfectly. Not that one can tell anything at all (in reality) whatsoever by appearances with anything even remotely approaching dogmatic accuracy. Nothing. Except, of course, where Archbishop Fulton Sheen is concerned. :hehe2:
He gave an excellent address too on the subject of Confession (Sacrament of Reconciliation).

I was expecting that quote where he said that hearing the confessions of nuns is like being stoned to death with popcorn.

• 1 month later...
Guest Cyril22

Thank the Lord for media that allows us to listen to Archbishop Sheen’s homilies even now. “The worse thing than sin is the denial of sin.” As embarrassing and uncomfortable it is to confess our sins, we need to avail ourselves of this Sacrament often. Thanks for posting this.

he looks tough enough to fill in for St. Michael when he goes on vacation. smack down on the devil!

I sure would not like to be ol nik if the thing has to front up to the Archbishop!!!