An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Community- Little Sisters Of Communion

ToJesusMyHeart

ToJesusMyHeart

"A New Religious Order Based on JPII's Theology Of The Body"

This is a long shot, but I figured I'd ask just in case.

Has anybody here heard of the Little Sisters of Communion? The last time I heard about them was in 2010 and I'm trying to find out if any developments have occurred in the birth of this new community. It's a community dedicated to spreading the message of Bl. JP2's Theology of the Body, mostly to college students, but to everyone in general.

I have no idea if they were ever formed, or if the foundress is still discerning the path to take with this community.
Here's some information:

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FHTRx0P2N4Y/TIbgGa1Vq0I/AAAAAAAADR4/Qaa8T3Z5eJA/s1600/Little+Sisters+of+Communion.jpg[/img]

"A new order is possibly starting, from an Aggie Catholic religious sister - Sr. Marie Bernadette Fusselman

Please keep them in your prayers.

On-going discernment continues regarding a new religious family in Texas who will be Mary at the feet of Jesus, in the spirit of Bl. Charls de Foucauld.

Through a contemplative life of intimate Eucharistic adoration, the Little Sisters will be inflamed to spread the fire of Divine Love in an outreach to young people, offering a renewed respect for their humanity, & inviting them to beautiful Cana Gardens to experince the Divine touch in contemplative prayer.

This community is looking for help from people who:

-Have a pioneering spirit & would resonate with this divine gift to live & share the call to communion
-Desire to be an associate member of the wider spiritual family
-Will intercede for the new community
-Could support such a religious community in its birth and development"

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1350947448' post='2496072']
I will PM you shortly
[/quote]

:) I look forward to your PM!

I found out that she is no longer at Texas A&M or in the Austin Diocese. Sent an email to the Director of the Catholic Center at Aggie so maybe some info will surface. It sound very interesting and I hope that the order will find its way if it is God's will.

ToJesusMyHeart

I'm currently a junior at Texas A&M, and no, Sr. is not here. She left TAMU in 2009. Thank you for emailing though. Did you email Marcel or Fr. David? I know both of them. :)

Thanks again for all your help.

If I hear anything from our pastor or the director I'll post it.

I emailed Father David - sorry I did not realize you were riht there. I thouht they may remember her and know of her plans.

D

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1351018556' post='2496402']
If Fr. David emails back, we'd love to hear any info he has. :)
[/quote]

This is a response I received regarding Sister but not from Father David

I believe she is in Rome to study. I don’t think anyone else has joined her community, but I’m not entirely certain.

I am in touch with through Facebook: [url="http://www.facebook.com/marie.bernadette.980?fref=ts"]http://www.facebook.com/marie.bernadette.980?fref=ts[/url]

Hope this helps!

Marie Seale, MPM
Director, Office of Pro-Life Activities and Chaste Living
Roman Catholic Diocese of Austin

Edited by das8949