An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jesus "father,why Have You Forsaken Me."

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Pax domini bretheren,sympathiesers and others...
Most of us know as christians the seemingly anti climatic words jesus used before he yielded up his spirit. I was thinking about this after meditating on the sorrowful mysteries and these words popped into my head. "that these words that jesus used where on behalf of all men and that he was interceeding as the son of man for us all, not that he was forsaken but we where since the fall of adam and eve,and he is removing that curse."
Anyhow i struggle with this and these are the words that came to me last night and it sounds right to me, are there any other thoughts on this and is there any church doctrine on this ?

Onward christian souls.
JESUS iz LORD.
GOD is GOOD, GOD is LOVE, GOD SAVES.

Love like the world depended on it because it does, and pray as if it where the last day. Stay awake because one can persish as quickly in the garden of plenty as can in the desert of almost nothing.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this will help you but here is what Mary mentioned about it to St. Bridget of Sweden:

"In my bitter pain and great sorrow, I was not able to look up again until he had been completely nailed to the cross. But when I got up, I saw my Son hanging pitifully, and I, his most sorrowful Mother, was so grieved and heartbroken that I could barely stand up because of my great and bitter sorrow. When my Son saw me and his friends in inconsolable tears, he called out with a loud and sorrowful voice to his Father, saying: ‘Father, why have you forsaken me?’ It was as if he wanted to say: ‘There is no one who pities me but you, Father.'"

This is in addition to what you have already said.