An Old School Catholic Message Board

"i Passi Del Silenzio: " Great Videos On Various Orders

Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

I found these videos on YouTube that seems to be several different religious orders in Italy? - not in English unfortunately. It seems to be a TV show in this country perhaps as in various places it says things like "Season 3" or "episodes". All the "episodes" are title "I passi del silenzio:___" and then a city or town name the order/monastery is in. The two below is on a Carmel and Poor Clare monasteries:

"I passi del silenzio: Ronciglione"

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_koXoYCoAQs&feature=relmfu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_koXoYCoAQs&feature=relmfu[/url]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(235, 235, 235)]Monastero Gesù Bambino di Praga, Ronciglione - rough translation Monastery of the Infant of Prague. - Carmelites[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(235, 235, 235)]"I passi del silenzio[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8-1dMjCFc&feature=context-shows&list=SL"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG8-1dMjCFc&feature=context-shows&list=SL[/url]

[color=#333333][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(235, 235, 235)]Monastero S. Chiara di Camerino - Monastery of St. Clare[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[font="arial, sans-serif"][size="2"][color="#333333"]The one titled "I passi del silenzio: Lecce" is an episode on Benedictine nuns. I haven't checked the other videos to see what other orders they have. It is a shame it's in Italian as, many like me don't understand Italian, but then when these were made they probably weren't expecting other countries to be viewing perhaps.[/color][/size][/font]

Praised be Jesus Christ! Thank you for posting!! These are wonderful to see! Also, I wanted to point out .. the song the Carmelites are singing starting around 13:00 is one by the Community of the Beatitudes from the words of St. Thérèse :heart:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtdjGfIWLeM[/media]

And here it is in French

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWWfbcf1xgY[/media]

The Community of the Beatitudes have done a number of [b][i]really beautiful[/i][/b] ones from her writings! They are on these two CDs, [url="http://shop.ilcarmelo.it/index.php/cd-e-dvd/amare-e-donare-tutto-cd.html"][i]Amare è donare tutto[/i][/url] and [i][url="http://shop.ilcarmelo.it/index.php/cd-e-dvd/per-me-sola-patria-il-tuo-volto-cd.html"]Per me sola Patria il tuo Volto[/url] [/i]but many of them are on youtube :like:

Yes, it is a tv program transmitted by an italian emittent.
It is really interesting and well made.
It is showed every sunday at 8:30 pm and every episode is about a particular convent/order in Italy.
Very nice.

BTW: Yes, I guess they are all in Italian because they are thought and made for an italian public.
I too am quite surprised to see you know them.If you are interested in some episodes in particular I can translate anyway.

Edited by organwerke

Chiara Francesco

Thanks organwerke. I'd love the translation of the two above I posted: Poor Clares and the Carmelites. I figured it was made for Italian viewers but I subscribe to a great You Tube channel "gallantries" Vocation Playlist and he listed the Benedictine episode, "Lecce", so when I clicked on this video, in the side bar were many more so that's how I found these others.

Gallantries Vocation Playlist - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB0F8D53995E673E8

They are amazing, beautiful vids, thanks so much for posting, and for the link.

I don't understand Italian but that did not detract at all, you can follow the fire of love of these Nuns.

I see they had a postulant, I wonder if she persevered?

These are wonderful videos Thanks so much for posting these. Does anybody know where to get the words/music for the song in the video about the Poor Clares in which the choir mistress plays a hand drum for the last verse? Heard it before but never been able to track it down and it's so incredibly joyful. I love it!

Chiara Francesco

[size=4][b][font=arial,sans-serif][color=#333333]"I passi del silenzio: Lecce"[/color][/font][/b][/size] - Benedictine nuns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLwJHvzJoIw&feature=relmfu

[size=4][font=arial,sans-serif][color=#333333]"I passi del silenzio: Siloe" - Cistercian monks[/color][/font][/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT3YTHp3BG8&feature

Chiara Francesco

[size=4][font=arial,sans-serif][color=#333333]"I passi del silenzio: [/color][/font][/size]San Giovanni Rotondo" - Franciscan or Poor Clare or Capuchin nuns

Monastero della Risurrezione di San Giovanni Rotondo, Puglia several minutes of Padre Pio in this video in the beginning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RejDiAMwIA8&feature

[size=4][font=arial,sans-serif][color=#333333]"I passi del silenzio: Macerata" - Dominican nuns? [/color][/font][/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK5oM6IJ768&feature

Here's the You Tube Channel page with the rest of these videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tv2000it/videos?query=i+passi+del+silenzio

These are the first 20 minutes of the first video. The translation is not a professional one.
I'm sorry I haven't the full version yet but it is a quite long job.
The spoken parts anyway are all of the same style of the following one, as you see it is a sort of explanation of the cloistered life and this is essentially true also for the other videos.

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Prayer[/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]0:00[/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]My l[/font][/color][/size][size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]ife is an instant, an hour that passes, a moment that soon escapes and goes away. You knows, my God, that to Love you on this earth I have nothing but today. I love you Jesus, my soul desires you, be you my sustain, reign you in my heart, give me your sweet smile, only for a day, today…[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Jesus, give me a place in your heart, for today, today…[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]I want to see Jesus without a cloud or a veil, his lovingly face will be hidden from me only for today…[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Mother speaks:[/font][/color][/size]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Our separation from the world realized in the cloister, through the double grills, is meant to create that climate of silence, of solitude, of detachment from the world, that helps the main purpose of our contemplative life that is to seek God above all the things. The grills are not a prison, they are a sign of our being constantly in dialogue with God, and of our desire to keep away those useless distractions that could spoil our time, energies, thoughts, that we have decided to reserve only to God in our life.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]We all have only one life to live, and for us this life is worth to be spent only for God.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Our heart, our love, our thoughts, our reason: we all want to steer all these things only to God, who is the only one who deserves all of our affections, all of our thoughts.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]11:35. Suor Paola[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]God gave me all I wanted, all I dreamt, but to show me that all is nothing. I was 17 ½ years old when I felt the call and then I started my journey. The call is something that for me it is always difficult to be explained. It is an encounter with a person that completely changes our way to think, to see all the things, to act.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]My biggest desire is to succeed in being what Jesus wants from me, this is the most important thing: to realize His project, as He wants it.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]17:00[/font][/color][/size]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]To live of love: what a strange madness. The world tells me: stop to sing, and don’t waste your fragrances, your life: spend them in a useful way. But to love you, Jesus, what a fruitful loss, my fragrance is yours, forever, and I want to sing, leaving the world. I die, of love! Here it is my hope, when I’ll see my laces untied, God will be my reward, I do not want other goods. This is my heaven, my destiny: to live of love.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]18:00[/font][/color][/size]

[font=Calibri][size=3][color=#000000]Love is to give oneself: because when a person is so full of goods, of life, then to give is more beautiful than to receive. If we see God that is love, from Him we learn to love, and seeing Him n we understand that it is really possible to live only of love. God makes the Sun shine upon the good people and the evil ones, He helps the good and the evil, and He has in His heart a crazy desire to save everyone.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Yes, it is possible to live only of love, because this is God’s essence and God created us at His image.[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by organwerke

Chiara Francesco

Thanks so much organwerke! Sorry, I must have lost my mind when I thought a translation would be good! It IS good but so much work! Please don't do any more! What you did translate, those beautiful thoughts and prayers, seem to come across despite the language barrier!

Don't worry Chiara Francesco, I was happy to do this!
But honestly I've to say a thing: after I translated this part of the first video, I passed to see the other one, the one about the Poor Clares.
Well, I have to say that usually I always felt more attraction for Carmelite spirituality than to Franciscan, I never paid much attention to this charism...
well, I've to say that I was amazed because I don't know how to describe the joy, the fullness of life that these sisters communicate.
I know that this can be felt even if one does not understand the language, anyway I really want to translate this second one because it was an amazing surprise to me, it was really a discovery to me!!
One would never believe that in a so poor and austhere environment (if you look the cells are really poor, they look like almost to a prison!) there are persons so happy!

[quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1350998882' post='2496279']
Yes, it is a tv program transmitted by an italian emittent.
It is really interesting and well made.
It is showed every sunday at 8:30 pm and every episode is about a particular convent/order in Italy.
Very nice.[/quote]

That is SO neat!! and thank you for translating a bit for us. How cool that this is on Italian TV and what a wonderful subject. They'll have enough material to cover there in their own country for many many years to come if they want to! These are really well made! Thanks again for posting them Chiara! :)

p.s. organwerke, do you happen to also know Croatian? :smile4:

The second episode, first 30 minutes:

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]9:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Mother Chiara Laura speaks:[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The Poor sisters of saint Claire are first of all a group of women: women that have made a choice. They have felt, first of all, that they have been chosen by God. They haven’t been chosen because they are better than others, but simply for a generous act, a generous gift from God. In their history, they are born with saint Claire, who, being extremely fascinated by the experience of saint Francis, she has chosen to follow Jesus as saint Francis did.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]This title, that saint Francis and Claire chose for the Poor Sisters, speaks about their identity, their profound truth: they are sisters, and they are poor. If I have nothing to preserve, if I haven’t any richness to keep hidden, I don’t build barriers with the others, I can be a sister, a brother, with the voluntary gift of my life. This allows us not to become superb. To make a vow of poverty, as Claire and Francis did, in a world where everything is a product to be sold, to be bought, and where everything has an economical value, and the persons too are seen as an economical product, are valued for their power, well, to make a vow of poverty is really a prophecy, a strong word, a testimony.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]14:46 Sister Laura Cristiana[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Saint Camille was a girl as many others, and as every girl she lived a lighthearted life, she spent all her days attending feasts, ballets, pastimes at the court, and she says that this world was strongly fascinating for her, that showed to her a strong taste, a joy, a beauty, but a joy that is like a sparkling wine, that at the moment when it is open it makes a lot of scum, but then it stops and has only a bitter taste.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]This is the same for many young persons nowadays, and this has been my own experience too, but then Camille did a discovery, that despite all these things, God makes a promise and is faithful to this promise: the promise of a full joy, of a full life. So, after many interior struggles, because Camille said that in any way she wanted to become a nun, a Friday she decided to enter the monastery, almost going against her own will, and she used these beautiful words: “in that moment I untied the reins of my heart”, and in that moment she started a love adventure, because it is always an experience of love when a person decides to enter the monastery. And in fact, when she entered the monastery she said: ”I enjoyed the sweet taste of life”: this is Christ.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]19:40.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Our monastery, as opposed to many other monasteries, was built at the center of the town of Camerino. The relationship with the city has improved since the moment we arrived here, six years ago, when we didn’t know anyone. We gradually realized that these people liked us, and relied on our presence. This has improved in a real friendship, with everyone, even if it could seem strange, but really there is a mutual gift: we know that they always ask for our prayers, and they too help us, also donating us many things, through the Providence, for example some people when do the shopping, buy something for us and they say “We’ve thought you could need this and this”. This is a very important exchange, a true treausure.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]23:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Mother Rosella Chiara[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]I don’t feel to be away from the world, first of all because I bring the world inside myself. When I decided to enter, I’ve never lived a separation, just because I brought with me, into the monastery, all my friends, all the history in which I lived and I live also today, since I’m not a person who lives out of the history, of the reality. I thought I was really free, with my car, my job, my apartment, my friends, I could do all what I wanted, but when I met these sisters, that lived a very poor life, made of very simple things, I made the experience of a true freedom, a great freedom, and I discovered that this freedom came from this simplicity. And the fullness of this life is something I was looking for and that from that moment never abandoned me.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]26:15[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Sister Chiara Francesca[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]I made temporary profession four years ago and to me the rite of temporary profession is really beautiful, because there is the haircut…the , and to me it represented a true change in my life: in that moment I really saw myself as married with Jesus, so honestly I did not imagine that it was possible something even more beautiful, and instead when I made solemn perpetual profession it was really a seal to a love that has always gone along with me in all my life and that has given the meaning of my life. It is something really beautiful, really exciting: there is a call and you answer: “Here I am my Lord”, as many other have answered in the history, with all their lives, their gifts, their qualities. Then there are the questions, the doubts. You answer ” Yes, I want this”, but this abandonment of all your life to Jesus, to the Church and to the Humanity is scary sometimes, in particular this “forever”, that probably is the greatest fear of our times, this “forever” and what this word implies, and I too feel this effort, in the sense that I too am a girl who has felt this air, the uncertainty of our modern world, but on the other hand I felt something of even greater, I felt that this “forever” gives a value, a meaning to my life, to this love that I receive and that I give and this “forever” is the thing that makes this life great and worthy.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1351273534' post='2497994']
p.s. organwerke, do you happen to also know Croatian? :smile4:
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't...even if we are neighboring with Croatia, Croatian is completely different! :)

Edited by organwerke

[quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1351285418' post='2498148']
The second episode, first 30 minutes:

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]9:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Mother Chiara Laura speaks:[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]The Poor sisters of saint Claire are first of all a group of women: women that have made a choice. They have felt, first of all, that they have been chosen by God. They haven’t been chosen because they are better than others, but simply for a generous act, a generous gift from God. In their history, they are born with saint Claire, who, being extremely fascinated by the experience of saint Francis, she has chosen to follow Jesus as saint Francis did.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]This title, that saint Francis and Claire chose for the Poor Sisters, speaks about their identity, their profound truth: they are sisters, and they are poor. If I have nothing to preserve, if I haven’t any richness to keep hidden, I don’t build barriers with the others, I can be a sister, a brother, with the voluntary gift of my life. This allows us not to become superb. To make a vow of poverty, as Claire and Francis did, in a world where everything is a product to be sold, to be bought, and where everything has an economical value, and the persons too are seen as an economical product, are valued for their power, well, to make a vow of poverty is really a prophecy, a strong word, a testimony.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]14:46 Sister Laura Cristiana[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Saint Camille was a girl as many others, and as every girl she lived a lighthearted life, she spent all her days attending feasts, ballets, pastimes at the court, and she says that this world was strongly fascinating for her, that showed to her a strong taste, a joy, a beauty, but a joy that is like a sparkling wine, that at the moment when it is open it makes a lot of scum, but then it stops and has only a bitter taste.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]This is the same for many young persons nowadays, and this has been my own experience too, but then Camille did a discovery, that despite all these things, God makes a promise and is faithful to this promise: the promise of a full joy, of a full life. So, after many interior struggles, because Camille said that in any way she wanted to become a nun, a Friday she decided to enter the monastery, almost going against her own will, and she used these beautiful words: “in that moment I untied the reins of my heart”, and in that moment she started a love adventure, because it is always an experience of love when a person decides to enter the monastery. And in fact, when she entered the monastery she said: ”I enjoyed the sweet taste of life”: this is Christ.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]19:40.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Our monastery, as opposed to many other monasteries, was built at the center of the town of Camerino. The relationship with the city has improved since the moment we arrived here, six years ago, when we didn’t know anyone. We gradually realized that these people liked us, and relied on our presence. This has improved in a real friendship, with everyone, even if it could seem strange, but really there is a mutual gift: we know that they always ask for our prayers, and they too help us, also donating us many things, through the Providence, for example some people when do the shopping, buy something for us and they say “We’ve thought you could need this and this”. This is a very important exchange, a true treausure.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]23:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Mother Rosella Chiara[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]I don’t feel to be away from the world, first of all because I bring the world inside myself. When I decided to enter, I’ve never lived a separation, just because I brought with me, into the monastery, all my friends, all the history in which I lived and I live also today, since I’m not a person who lives out of the history, of the reality. I thought I was really free, with my car, my job, my apartment, my friends, I could do all what I wanted, but when I met these sisters, that lived a very poor life, made of very simple things, I made the experience of a true freedom, a great freedom, and I discovered that this freedom came from this simplicity. And the fullness of this life is something I was looking for and that from that moment never abandoned me.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]26:15[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]Sister Chiara Francesca[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri]I made temporary profession four years ago and to me the rite of temporary profession is really beautiful, because there is the haircut…the , and to me it represented a true change in my life: in that moment I really saw myself as married with Jesus, so honestly I did not imagine that it was possible something even more beautiful, and instead when I made solemn perpetual profession it was really a seal to a love that has always gone along with me in all my life and that has given the meaning of my life. It is something really beautiful, really exciting: there is a call and you answer: “Here I am my Lord”, as many other have answered in the history, with all their lives, their gifts, their qualities. Then there are the questions, the doubts. You answer ” Yes, I want this”, but this abandonment of all your life to Jesus, to the Church and to the Humanity is scary sometimes, in particular this “forever”, that probably is the greatest fear of our times, this “forever” and what this word implies, and I too feel this effort, in the sense that I too am a girl who has felt this air, the uncertainty of our modern world, but on the other hand I felt something of even greater, I felt that this “forever” gives a value, a meaning to my life, to this love that I receive and that I give and this “forever” is the thing that makes this life great and worthy.[/font][/color][/size]

Sorry, I don't...even if we are neighboring with Croatia, Croatian is completely different! :)
[/quote]

YES YES YES YES YEEES! Thank you organwerke!!! :love: :like: :like: :like:

Also, what you said about the Poor Clares-spot on. Be careful with them... they will draw you..