An Old School Catholic Message Board

"i Passi Del Silenzio: " Great Videos On Various Orders

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1351285418' post='2498148']Sorry, I don't...even if we are neighboring with Croatia, Croatian is completely different! :)
[/quote]

No problem! :like: I knew it was a long shot :topsy: but thought I'd check, because I'm dying to get those Sr. Edita videos translated. I have someone willing, but they don't have internet, so I need to see about doing this, if time allows.

Thanks for those Italian translations though!!! :clap:

Second episode, second part:

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]31:30[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Postulant Chiara Victoriya[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]I was born and grown in Leopoli, the biggest and most beautiful city of western Ukraina, I came to Italy when I was 17 to study medicine, I attended the University in Ancona with this great desire to become a doctor.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Since I was very little I’ve always felt a big attraction to religious life, even if when I was a little girl I did not understand the meaning of religious life, then I followed a completely different path, I tried to realize my projects, my studies, but this dream was always present in my heart, and it has become a reality when I met the sisters here in Camerino. I would say that it has been as falling in love, I felt so attracted by this life, by this simple way of life, by this true, authentic love of the sisters for everyone in the community. I asked myself why these persons, who apparently had nothing of the things that in my opinion could make a person to be happy, had a bright light in their eyes, and a joy that I didn’t have, despite all the things, all the great projects I thought I was following in my life. I couldn’t explain what was happing to myself, but I was experiencing that maybe the Lord wanted something different from me, I had the feeling that the Lord was calling me to follow Him closer, that He did not want my works from me, but He simply wanted myself, my heart, my life, He wanted that I was with Him at His presence.[/font][/color][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]37:30[/font][/color][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Before I entered the monastery my life was full of friends, of many activities, and it seemed that all these things: friends, companies, job, disco, could fill my life. Then I arrived at a certain age when usually a person starts asking herself some questions, so I was asking myself: where am I going, what I really want to do with my life, why am I doing these things, and for whom? Well, when I told my friends I was entering the monastery surely they all remained surprised, almost chocked, maybe also because many people don’t know well the reality of the cloister, they think of a place where there are persons who are depressed, who aren’t cheerful, happy, so a place where I couldn’t have persevered. But they had respect for my choice, because they did understand that there was a mystery so big that they almost feared to spoil. And even now some of them send me letters, maybe they still don’t understand what really happened to my life, but they perceive that there is something great, something mysterious, something really bigger than me. [/color][/size][/font]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]43:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Mother speaks:[/font][/color][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Our fraternity has a characteristic, that doesn’t only consist in being sisters, but in living in a real friendship, where the joke, the humor, the irony show the presence of a deep liberty. When in a relationship there is the liberty to joke, to ironize about themselves, this means that there is a true confidence, a true relationship, a true friendship.[/color][/size][/font]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]45:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]There is in general a stereotype that people who enter the cloister are usually mite, calm, peaceful persons, and in this sense I though “My Lord, but I have a sister who is much better and calmer than me: why do you want to have me in the monastery?”. In reality, just because we always live inside the walls, if we hadn’t a vivid, lively character, the cloister would extinguish the personality, and instead it is right this vivid character that every sister brings with herself that allows a sort of “explosion” of life even in a close environment.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]48:46[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]I think the world nowadays the world is poor in humanity, the man is often “alienated” from himself, he is not in the soul and often he is not able to see the needs of the neighbours.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]50:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]What characterizes us is not the fact that we are called to be better, but simply to be a sign, that we are called to this vocation, this mission, as everyone has his own. Our vocation in the church is this: to be a sign of His presence, of His supremacy over all the things, a supremacy that is valid for all the persons, not only for us, because everyone needs to live this Supremacy of God, otherwise in our heart we have an emptiness that no one could be fill.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]54:33[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]I was a young woman that was looking for truth, for sense in my life, and I think that the call that God gives to every Christian, but in particular when he calls a person to consecrated life, doesn’t not extinguish the desire for truth, for beauty, for liberty, but brings it to the fullness.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]57:31[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Often the faith is seen as a thing for simple people, for people who do not research the deepest nature of the things, or as something irrational, instead the charme of faith is that it deals with every aspect of our life, of the personality. The charme of life consists in looking for answers that Jesus gives us, but these answers also remain mysterious, as Camille said, we have to enter the endless sea of His love. In this sea there are all answers, but this sea always remains mysterious.[/font][/color][/size]

Second episode, second part:

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]31:30[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Postulant Chiara Victoriya[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]I was born and grown in Leopoli, the biggest and most beautiful city of western Ukraina, I came to Italy when I was 17 to study medicine, I attended the University in Ancona with this great desire to become a doctor.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Since I was very little I’ve always felt a big attraction to religious life, even if when I was a little girl I did not understand the meaning of religious life, then I followed a completely different path, I tried to realize my projects, my studies, but this dream was always present in my heart, and it has become a reality when I met the sisters here in Camerino. I would say that it has been as falling in love, I felt so attracted by this life, by this simple way of life, by this true, authentic love of the sisters for everyone in the community. I asked myself why these persons, who apparently had nothing of the things that in my opinion could make a person to be happy, had a bright light in their eyes, and a joy that I didn’t have, despite all the things, all the great projects I thought I was following in my life. I couldn’t explain what was happing to myself, but I was experiencing that maybe the Lord wanted something different from me, I had the feeling that the Lord was calling me to follow Him closer, that He did not want my works from me, but He simply wanted myself, my heart, my life, He wanted that I was with Him at His presence.[/font][/color][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]37:30[/font][/color][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Before I entered the monastery my life was full of friends, of many activities, and it seemed that all these things: friends, companies, job, disco, could fill my life. Then I arrived at a certain age when usually a person starts asking herself some questions, so I was asking myself: where am I going, what I really want to do with my life, why am I doing these things, and for whom? Well, when I told my friends I was entering the monastery surely they all remained surprised, almost chocked, maybe also because many people don’t know well the reality of the cloister, they think of a place where there are persons who are depressed, who aren’t cheerful, happy, so a place where I couldn’t have persevered. But they had respect for my choice, because they did understand that there was a mystery so big that they almost feared to spoil. And even now some of them send me letters, maybe they still don’t understand what really happened to my life, but they perceive that there is something great, something mysterious, something really bigger than me. [/color][/size][/font]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]43:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Mother speaks:[/font][/color][/size]

[font="Calibri"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Our fraternity has a characteristic, that doesn’t only consist in being sisters, but in living in a real friendship, where the joke, the humor, the irony show the presence of a deep liberty. When in a relationship there is the liberty to joke, to ironize about themselves, this means that there is a true confidence, a true relationship, a true friendship.[/color][/size][/font]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]45:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]There is in general a stereotype that people who enter the cloister are usually mite, calm, peaceful persons, and in this sense I though “My Lord, but I have a sister who is much better and calmer than me: why do you want to have me in the monastery?”. In reality, just because we always live inside the walls, if we hadn’t a vivid, lively character, the cloister would extinguish the personality, and instead it is right this vivid character that every sister brings with herself that allows a sort of “explosion” of life even in a close environment.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]48:46[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]I think the world nowadays the world is poor in humanity, the man is often “alienated” from himself, he is not in the soul and often he is not able to see the needs of the neighbours.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]50:00[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]What characterizes us is not the fact that we are called to be better, but simply to be a sign, that we are called to this vocation, this mission, as everyone has his own. Our vocation in the church is this: to be a sign of His presence, of His supremacy over all the things, a supremacy that is valid for all the persons, not only for us, because everyone needs to live this Supremacy of God, otherwise in our heart we have an emptiness that no one could be fill.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]54:33[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]I was a young woman that was looking for truth, for sense in my life, and I think that the call that God gives to every Christian, but in particular when he calls a person to consecrated life, doesn’t not extinguish the desire for truth, for beauty, for liberty, but brings it to the fullness.[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]57:31[/font][/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Calibri"]Often the faith is seen as a thing for simple people, for people who do not research the deepest nature of the things, or as something irrational, instead the charme of faith is that it deals with every aspect of our life, of the personality. The charme of life consists in looking for answers that Jesus gives us, but these answers also remain mysterious, as Camille said, we have to enter the endless sea of His love. In this sea there are all answers, but this sea always remains mysterious.[/font][/color][/size]

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

not from the same series, this seems to be from the 80/90's, but just thought I'd post it here. a beautiful documentary!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L97YOhistGk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02gRSPqcQrM