An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

I just got around to watching Saving Private Ryan. It was not my favorite movie to be honest, the morals were sort of lost towards the end. I hated the scene where Upham shoots the German soldier he saved.

The Frisco Kid

1979 PG Rated

Armed with his yarmulke and a cross-country mission to reach San Francisco's Barbary Coast neighborhood, naive Polish rabbi Avram Belinski (Gene Wilder) is a natural target for swindlers and thieves in the bustling port city of Philadelphia. But with a rough-and-tumble bank robber (Harrison Ford) by his side, he takes on the American West -- and makes an unlikely friend in the process. 

Cast: Gene Wilder, Harrison Ford, Penny Peyser, more...

very funny flic :like2:

Edited by little2add

• 4 weeks later...

Star Wars: the Last Jedi

What a disappointment… It was enjoyable but completely wrecked Star Wars in my mind… The bad guys are complete joke and Luke Skywalker--As well as the Jedi in general--meh.

Edited by Seven77

Not A Mallard

Speed Racer (2008) - This is one of the most bombastic movies I've ever seen (not to mention, it doesn't know how to be friendly to its child target audience); I didn't like it, but I don't think I'll ever forget it.

Edited by Not A Mallard

The Zookeeper's Wife

based on a true story

After the Nazis invade Poland, Warsaw Zoo caretakers Antonina and Jan Zabinski place themselves in grave danger when they begin collaborating with the Resistance in an effort to save Jews from the horrors of the Warsaw Ghetto.

• 2 weeks later...
Not A Mallard

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) - One of the best genre movies ever made.

Not A Mallard

Candy Jar (2018) - Disposable and heavy-handed but largely wholesome teen rom com, though with a couple of dramatic twists I did not see coming.