An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let's Talk Dominicans!

DiscerningCatholic

Just received the HUGE new publication from the DSMME's today . Interesting to see one of the new postulants, Sr. Helena. I thought she looked familiar and when I saw a picture of her a couple of pages later being blessed by Pope John Paul II, a lightbulb went off. I pulled out all my old issues of"Regina Angelorum" (yeah, I know, kind of a pack rat for saving all of them) and saw the same picture. She was a PCPA in Hanceville and the article spoke of her mother arranging a trip to the Vatican and an audience with PJP2 right before she entered the cloister. Yup, same young woman. I've always prayed for the women who left the PCPA's and I'm [u]overjoyed[/u] to see she's found a home with the DSMME's.

DiscerningCatholic

WAIT. They have a new newsletter??? :w00t: I haven't gotten it yet, though... :( I hope I get it, though! I know that I'm on their mailing list... :hehe2:

WAIT. They have a new newsletter??? :hehe2:

I haven't received it yet either.  I'm sure it will come later this week.  :)

DiscerningCatholic

401902_10151152289282034_350545985_n.jpg

Because epic sister is epic. They apparently went white-water rafting in their full habit!   :smile3: We had two FSP at the week I went, and they were just as awe.some!

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

Does anyone know where I can find the ORIGINAL Rule of St. Dominic online? I downloaded something that looks like a modern adaptation of it, and I'm confused... Poor Clares still follow the Rule of St. Clare, Benedictines and Cistercians still follow the original Rule of St. Benedict, I found the original Rule of Augustine easily enough—how come I can't find St. Dominic's?

Help?

Just received the HUGE new publication from the DSMME's today . Interesting to see one of the new postulants, Sr. Helena. I thought she looked familiar and when I saw a picture of her a couple of pages later being blessed by Pope John Paul II, a lightbulb went off. I pulled out all my old issues of"Regina Angelorum" (yeah, I know, kind of a pack rat for saving all of them) and saw the same picture. She was a PCPA in Hanceville and the article spoke of her mother arranging a trip to the Vatican and an audience with PJP2 right before she entered the cloister. Yup, same young woman. I've always prayed for the women who left the PCPA's and I'm overjoyed to see she's found a home with the DSMME's.

The way you phrase "the women who left the PCPA" makes it sound like there was a mass exodus. Is that so? I've never heard of it. Why did these women leave the PCPA? And when?

St Dominic followed the rule of St. Augustine, its what Dominicans follow today...

Really?!?!?! I did not know that! Well, that explains it! LOL!

Thanks very much!

DiscerningCatholic

The way you phrase "the women who left the PCPA" makes it sound like there was a mass exodus. Is that so? I've never heard of it. Why did these women leave the PCPA? And when?

ROTFL Mass Exodus of nuns. ROTFL

I think she was just referring to people who discerned out of the order. :) Kinda like what DS did with the DSMME.

ChristinaTherese

rotfl Mass Exodus of nuns. rotfl

I think she was just referring to people who discerned out of the order. :) Kinda like what DS did with the DSMME.

||End DC quote||

I read it as being ambiguous that way too. I assumed what you said, but I wasn't sure. ;)

Edited by Christina Thérèse

Yes, there were a lot who left the PCPA's.  Look at the Our Lady of the Angels thread to see some updates.  No, it wasn't a mass exodus, more like a small drip, drip, drip!  But if you are familiar with the nuns at all and look at their rosary program on EWTN (I believe it was taped in 2003) then take into account the ones I posted about on the other thread, compare it to the group picture of the nuns now and you'll see there re lot of the MIA!