An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy Reformation Day!

Basilisa Marie

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351710851' post='2501326']
More like a railroad spike, actually. :smile3:

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gHW5IJS5OEI/TkNX284zJzI/AAAAAAAAAkc/bcuWtVqFcUs/s1600/Steenberg_railroad_spike.jpg[/img]

Now [i]there[/i] is a nail!
[/quote]
It would be hard to read with a giant hole in it... I think a shelf would be better... certainly cuter.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Just nail thru the back cover with the spine running horizontal and on top. Place the nails near the top edge and the weight should be supported just fine. That way the text is not damaged and they can have the opportunity to learn from it.

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351707921' post='2501255']
or:

[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/579137_129473930535691_326750686_n.jpg[/img]
also from Catholic Memes.
[/quote]

Pure gold.

Man, I remember when I celebrated Reformation Day as a kid. I just knew it was like our Halloween. Since Halloween was evil, we dressed up and got candy for that. Until our church group decided that was to close to the pagans. I had NO clue what Reformation Day was for until they had this story teller come tell us kids who the Catholic Church was. So he proceeded to tell all of us about how the Catholic Church tortures people for reading the bible and he showed some of the torture devices they used. The only one I remember was this muzzle type thing that would go over a mouth and would pierce the tongue if they tried to speak. "They would put this on any woman who even gossiped!" But he had many. Of course the kids are horrified. Then we heard about the brave Martin Luther who stood up against evil Rome.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351707921' post='2501255']
or:

[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/579137_129473930535691_326750686_n.jpg[/img]
also from Catholic Memes.
[/quote]

Problems a friend of mine and I identified:[list=1]
[*]Would anyone get it?
[*]Hate crime.
[*]Wastes a good copy of the Summa.
[/list]

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1351729658' post='2501548']
Man, I remember when I celebrated Reformation Day as a kid. I just knew it was like our Halloween. Since Halloween was evil, we dressed up and got candy for that. Until our church group decided that was to close to the pagans. I had NO clue what Reformation Day was for until they had this story teller come tell us kids who the Catholic Church was. So he proceeded to tell all of us about how the Catholic Church tortures people for reading the bible and he showed some of the torture devices they used. The only one I remember was this muzzle type thing that would go over a mouth and would pierce the tongue if they tried to speak. "They would put this on any woman who even gossiped!" But he had many. Of course the kids are horrified. Then we heard about the brave Martin Luther who stood up against evil Rome.
[/quote]

<_< :| :o :eek: :x

People don't know history.

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

GeorgiiMichael

How about, instead of the Summa, a book that contains all the documents from Trent with a note saying, "We looked into it, you decided you didn't want to show up"

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1351707511' post='2501246']
[img]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/381920_129475203868897_534855914_n.png[/img]
from Catholic Memes
(cue the butthurt)
[/quote]

In fact, I heard a joke which conflates these two concepts. SPOILER: It's slightly rude, in a medical sort of way. I might have heard it from a Lutheran, but i can't honestly remember...

Whoever it was told me that Luther nailed his 95 feces to the church door.

[quote name='GeorgiiMichael' timestamp='1351746087' post='2501830']
How about, instead of the Summa, a book that contains all the documents from Trent with a note saying, "We looked into it, you decided you didn't want to show up"
[/quote]
Binders full of theology.