An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bro Adam,

Anastasia13

You asked about the division between Catholic and Orthodox in my giving up on Catholicism thread.

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1347820877' post='2483047']
Question from an idiot: Is the division between the Catholic and Orthodox something Jesus desires?
[/quote]

I just saw this video that mentioned closer ecumenical relations and shared care between the Syriac Orthodox and the Syriac Catholic churches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_X32KVePlM&feature=relmfu

It WAS interesting, Light & Truth. I have friends who are Byzantine; the looks like the Syriac Catholic tradition shares some elements with the Byzantine eastern traditions, and some that are closer to the Roman Rite.

It's possible that not too many ventured in here because it looked like you were just flagging it for Bro. Adam....

Edited by AnneLine

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1352193215' post='2505081']It's possible that not too many ventured in here because it looked like you were just flagging it for Bro. Adam....
[/quote]
80 views, and not even Bro Adam replied. Compared with 37 views on the Armenian Catholic Church... I think people just aren't that interested in videos about other rites.

That's cool about your friend. My Byzantine friends are similar to Roman rite, but also to Orthodox. Seems like they split the difference or something.

Edited by Light and Truth

Bro Adam didn't see the thread. :)

Thank you for sharing - keep posting videos like this. Any chance at unity is something to pray for. I love studying the different rites. Do you have a copy of Roberson's "Eastern Christian Chruches"? It's great reference material.