An Old School Catholic Message Board

And So It Begins.

Spem in alium

Spem in alium

Today I began preparation for my Total Consecration to Jesus Christ through Mary, using the guidelines of St. Louis de Montfort :)

I am participating with a group. Our date of Consecration is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

I've never been as close to Mary as I want to be, and I think this may help me to be more connected with her. Even after one session of prayer, I feel peaceful :)

Just wondering - has anyone else done this?

Peace and blessings!

DiscerningCatholic

OMW, I'm starting mine on the 30th! I'll hopefully make my consecration on NEW YEAR'S DAY. :w00t: Best way to start the new year! Another one of my friends hopes to complete her consecration on Our Lady of Guadalupe's feast day! EVERYONE IS GETTING CONSECRATED!

TOTUS TUUS

Spem in alium

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1352131542' post='2504500']
OMW, I'm starting mine on the 30th! I'll hopefully make my consecration on NEW YEAR'S DAY. :w00t: Best way to start the new year! Another one of my friends hopes to complete her consecration on Our Lady of Guadalupe's feast day! EVERYONE IS GETTING CONSECRATED!

TOTUS TUUS
[/quote]

That's wonderful! I think it's such a beautiful thing to be doing :) Are you doing it as part of a group or by yourself?

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1352145209' post='2504630']
a bunch of people on PM started it in the past year, I don't recall who completed it haha, but there was a whole thread
[/quote]

Brilliant! :)

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1352145467' post='2504632']
I did mine several years ago. It changed my life! :love: Mother Mary

(thus my PM name...)
[/quote]

I've heard it can be such a powerful thing to go through -- and your screenname is very fitting! :)

I did the preparation according to St. Max Kolbe and made my Consecration on December 8th, 2009. I renew it annually. This year, I made it earlier on May 31st since I love the Visitation. I'm planning to renew it again on December 8th. I have grown so close to Our Lady through this. I feel like I can go to her for anything and she will hear me and assist me. I highly recommend this to all Catholics. :)

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='Spem in alium' timestamp='1352152804' post='2504707']
That's wonderful! I think it's such a beautiful thing to be doing :) Are you doing it as part of a group or by yourself?

[/quote]

I'm doing it by myself.

Spem in alium

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1352153293' post='2504715']
I did the preparation according to St. Max Kolbe and made my Consecration on December 8th, 2009. I renew it annually. This year, I made it earlier on May 31st since I love the Visitation. I'm planning to renew it again on December 8th. I have grown so close to Our Lady through this. I feel like I can go to her for anything and she will hear me and assist me. I highly recommend this to all Catholics. :)
[/quote]

Beautiful, Mater :) I am hoping that this will help me grow closer to Our Lady, as (and it probably sounds silly) more often than not I feel a bit distant and unsure as to how to approach her. Because I am feeling more drawn to examining a religious vocation, I would like to grow with Our Lady and have her as more of a prominent figure in my life. So I'm very glad this came up when it did.

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1352157700' post='2504794']

I'm doing it by myself.
[/quote]

That's great :) I'll hold you in prayer as you go through your preparations.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1352158777' post='2504812']
I did it last year as part of the PM group. It was amazing. I'll probably renew it this year during Lent.
[/quote]

Wonderful! It's really great to hear that others have done it also and that it has had such a positive effect :)