An Old School Catholic Message Board

St Louis De Montfort

Eowyn

[quote name='MarysLittleFlower' timestamp='1352402020' post='2506602']
Does anyone have any advice on living out the Consecration? I don't think I've done a really good job at all :( I like the idea St Louis de Montfort writes about which is to pray the Little Crown every morning: it helps to remember it. Also wearing a "little chain" could be a good reminder. Or, for those who follow St Maximilian Kolbe's formula: the Miraculous Medal. (both are great! :)). But I think the hardest part is maybe living out the devotion internally.
[/quote]

When I did the Consecration per St. Kolbe's formula, I registered in the Militia Immaculata. Basically, it's a promise that you will spread Our Lady's message and bring people to her. I've talked about her with both my parents and now my mom has a strong relationship with her. I'm still working on my dad. Mainly, they want you to spread the message of the Miraculous Medal and, if you can, hand them out with the pamphlet they give you. I didn't know enough people back then so I haven't done that but I think I'm going to get some in the near future and pass them out to the CRHP women. I wear one regularly and so does our Bible Study leader but I don't think anyone else does.

Hi! Eowyn,
Yes I made my de Montfort Consecration on May 8th 2011, it has made such a difference in my spiritual life. I also love St Louis Marie de Montfort. I have read his books Secret of the Rosary, Preperation for Total Consecration, and True Devotion to the Blessed Virgen ( I think thats the title). I just got a copy of his complete writings and am currently discerning with a community that bases their life on the writings of St Louis de Montfort and his Marian consecration.

Edited by Mary's Child

Ash Wednesday

Red picked him as my patron saint this year... I started the act years ago but then in the middle of it my mom died, which messed me up pretty bad, been thinking of the consecration over the years and would like to get over the painful memory and finish what I started...

Interestingly enough I got him as my saint today and see this post and she died 9 years ago today.... I suppose God might be nudging me to give it another try.

[quote name='Mary's Child' timestamp='1352492807' post='2507320']
Hi! Eowyn,
Yes I made my de Montfort Consecration on May 8th 2011, it has made such a difference in my spiritual life. I also love St Louis Marie de Montfort. I have read his books Secret of the Rosary, Preperation for Total Consecration, and True Devotion to the Blessed Virgen ( I think thats the title). I just got a copy of his complete writings and am currently discerning with a community that bases their life on the writings of St Louis de Montfort and his Marian consecration.
[/quote]

That is amesome, Marys Child!!! Are you comfortable sharing the name of the community?