An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Will Be Glad When This Day Is Over

CatherineM

It means no more "I approved of this message" ads on TV.

I wish I could choose the best person for the job rather than the less of two idiots, or even worse to vote against evil.

The thing that worries me most is the break down in the checks and balances. We have judges making law rather than interpreting law. We have a president who doesn't just sign laws passed by the legislature, he signs executive orders to bypass Congress.

I'm a moderate. I'm pro-life, anti-death penalty, pro-social justice, and pro gun ownership. In other words, chaotic politically. Mostly I hate politics. I vote, stay informed on the issues, pay my taxes willingly, and long for a time when true leaders wanted to enter politics.

I also worry about what four more years of executive orders will do to our country. If Obama gets elected, I truthfully believe that he will attempt to repeal the 22nd amendment. Maybe by executive order.

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1352228646' post='2505222']
The thing that worries me most is the break down in the checks and balances. We have judges making law rather than interpreting law. We have a president who doesn't just sign laws passed by the legislature, he signs executive orders to bypass Congress.
[/quote]

Precisely.

[quote name='Era Might' timestamp='1352241939' post='2505320']
They run "I approved this message" ads in Canada?
[/quote]
On American channels like CNN or Spike.

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1352262641' post='2505458']
Catherine, move back to the US and we can vote for you. You would be a WONDERFUL president....
[/quote]

I can't. My husband would not be allowed to immigrate because if his illness.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1352323793' post='2505995']
I can't. My husband would not be allowed to immigrate because if his illness.
[/quote]
And being a dual citizen of Canada would probably be a deal-breaker for those who don't know how wonderful you are.

THAT's why you would be good at the job.. .you don't want it, you would do it if God asked, but you wouldn't let it go to your head.

However, you are MUCH too nice a person for me to ask to do that job.... and you are too busy doing more important things....

And you come with the recommendation of the Queen, so that wouldn't be a good idea AT ALL...

Edited by AnneLine

I approve this thread.

[media]http://youtu.be/DwCCwg0xcIU[/media]

Edited by Light and Truth