An Old School Catholic Message Board

For Addison

MIKolbe

We were at the first of two basketball games for Peyton yesterday, and Addie fell off the top of the bleachers and landed on her head. We rushed her to the ER where they did CT scans of her head and neck/spine. She was given the all clear.

We weren't even going to bring her as she had been ill, but she seemed better and practically begged to go see her sister play. (she is Peyton's biggest cheerleader). So we agreed and some of other younger siblings of the players were there, so she was having all types of fun...until she fell.

Please pray for Addie that her pain may subside, and please offer prayers of thanksgiving that all worked out with no major injuries.

Please pray in thanks for the family that took Peyton to the next game, then took her home and fed her.

Please pray for the kindness of the cop who stopped me on the way to the hospital, and let me go without a ticket.

Please pray that I will be a better parent. I just don't know when to 'let go' a little bit and let my kids be kids and play with their friends with a little bit of independence. This seems to be a fine line that i just don't know how to walk.