An Old School Catholic Message Board

Addie Is All Better

MIKolbe

Last Sunday, Addie fell off the top bleacher and landed on her head.

This is a pic from the ER waiting area. The swelling had already gone down a bit in this pic, to give you an idea of how large the bump was.

[img]http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/r90/534015_4817362230748_367719050_n.jpg[/img]

Yesterday, I get home from work, Addie hears me open the door from the garage; runs to meet me/hug me; and her head hits me sqaurely in the place reserved for my wife alone.

I literally double over and fall to the ground.. trying to breathe/catch my breath.

Addie smiles, laughs, calls me funny and starts to sing 'Daddy's home..Daddy's home" and runs off to the front room to sing to her stuffed animals.

yeah.. I think she's feeling just fine.

this thread is making me reconsider my Christmas present for addie

iono

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-i_2Pb0fKDiA/ThxoQYNpB7I/AAAAAAAAAD8/kaUci8wJ1lo/s320/nunchucks.jpg[/img]

dominicansoul

sounds like Mikolbe needs a cup for Christmas... rotfl

And thank God Addie is better! I think kids are made of tough material... plus they have some pretty strong guardian angels watching over them... :)

I will take a pic of her head tonight... it is already crazy healed!!

and I think DS is right about gaurdian angels!!

I screeched out of the Church parking lot on the way to the hospital..

RIGHT IN FRONT of a cop.

lights and sirens commenced....

ended up not getting a ticket...

protection all the way around, man... all the way around...

our boyo is just at the right height that anytime he gives a guy a hug, his head hits in that place. :| my dad and my husband both now know to deflect, but other men get surprised. :|

IcePrincessKRS

I saw the pictures on facebook, I was praying for her (I just didn't comment on them because it was from Shea's account and I felt weird commenting on her photos when she doesn't know me). I'm glad Addie is doing better!

Strikes me that Addie has a hard head in more ways than one....

Glad all the prayers for her worked well, MIKolbe.... bet you had millions of them goin' up...

Get her something special as a treat... she's earned it...

Oh...

An additional thought. .. I don't supose you had a home security camera capturing all that for the [i]Epic Fail [/i]thread?

Yes, AnneLine is evil :brutebeast:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1352824085' post='2509194']
Were there little birdies flying around her bump?
[/quote]
hahahah

funny you say that.

At one point Shea and I were trying to make her smile..trying to make the time pass after the inital trama and we were waiting to be taken to CT, and somehow a comment came from me about those exact little birdies! I said something like, 'you hit your head so hard, I think you had little birdies flying around with stars".

that was, in fact, the worst thing to say to her... she said, 'NO BIRDIES, DAD!!!!!! NO SAY BIRDIES!!!! NO!!!', accompanied by the stare of a thousand suns.

being me, i couldn't resist, so i trolled a little.. i ain't gonna lie..

i asked if they were airplanes, then basketballs, and then chicken nuggets (her fav)

..then Shea slugged me on the arm and told me to stop it and be nice.

..then Addie cracked a smile...