An Old School Catholic Message Board

Green Scapulars?

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic
:|

I was assigned at youth group to pray for a guy on death row. Lovely. Maybe I can pull a Therese and get him converted right before he's executed. :| I have a scapular written up for him...now to figure out where to put it. Edited by DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1352845286' post='2509431']

I was assigned at youth group to pray for a guy on death row. Lovely. Maybe I can pull a Therese and get him converted right before he's executed. :| I have a scapular written up for him...now to figure out where to put it.
[/quote]

Maybe you should try and convert his condemnors that they may commute his sentence to life.

ed

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1352845286' post='2509431']

I was assigned at youth group to pray for a guy on death row. Lovely. Maybe I can pull a Therese and get him converted right before he's executed. :| I have a scapular written up for him...now to figure out where to put it.
[/quote]

What a great thing to do in the legacy of Saint Therese! Do they ever release reports on conversions or statements uttered before the condemned are put to death? In other words, will you know whether your prayers were answered? If not, it is a great opportunity to practice faith. :saint:

I just got over a horrible bug, and I never thought to wear my green scapular at all through it. Augh! Next time... (although I never go a day without my brown scapular)