An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oh Happy Day!

cmaD2006

I figured I'd post this in Open Mic instead of the prayer requests .... some of you may have remembered the continuing saga with my insurance company over getting preapproval for injections (for a neck condition).

This started late Sept. One thing led to another, and it actually led to a denial. Why? Because the doc didn't send the documentation needed. THEN -- I got denied for an expedited appeal.

The good news -- I just got a letter approving the injections. This after another crappy week with at least 2 migrane like headaches. I get to work tomorrow (Sat) because of having missed a day.

Now ... to schedule the appointment with the doc office. But of course -- thanksgiving is next thurs. By the time they order the med, the appointment would have to be on Thurs (unless they can work a miracle and schedule me for Tues). But wait -- Thurs is thanksgiving. So here we go -- another week.

Alas what's another week.

BUT YAY THERE'S A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL AND IT IS [b]NOT[/b] AN ONCOMING TRAIN :)

Thanks pham for the prayers.

• 2 weeks later...

A follow-up:

At approximately 5:30pm EST on Nov 29, 2012, a minor miracle occurred in South Jersey.

After waiting 2 whole months .... I GOT THE INJECTIONS.  All 40 :|.  But I actually have started feeling 75% better ... my neck pain has been relieved, my neck is cracking left and right (readjusting itself ... usual after the injections). 

Never mind that it took both the specialty pharmacy and the doctor's office almost two weeks to get their act together.  But now ... with minimal pain (soreness from the injections themselves) I can ignore it for now.

I need to decide whether or not to stick with the doctor ... I'm running out of options in the area.  I'd like a doctor and an office who have their act together, but for now I have at least a few months to think and pray.

Thanks pham for the prayers. :)  We've got VICTORY.

Edited by cmariadiaz

That is fantastic, CMaria!!!!!   Such good news.    One less pain in the.... you know what I mean.  What our world needs MORE of....