An Old School Catholic Message Board

A New Augustine?

DiscerningCatholic

DiscerningCatholic

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#333333]Could y'all send up prayers for a friend of mine? She went to the conference I went to this summer, was discerning life as a Franciscan Sister, T.O.R., and is now a self-declared agnostic. She doesn't care about God or heaven or hell and claims that she's just as happy as "the next person." Her theory is, "If I don't even believe in God, why would he blame me for it and send me to hell?" [/color]

[color=#333333]She thinks that the Catholic Church has too many rules and is too restrictive. She says that it's too judgmental in the ways of right and wrong because "right and wrong is based solely on opinion; the church doesn't have a right to make everyone follow one person's opinion." She's been drinking the relativist Kool-Aid and has completely bought into it. She says that she "doesn't feel the Holy Spirit" and that the many rules "too hard to follow." She constantly curses in her statuses and calls people names that I cannot repeat for fear of getting my mouth washed out with soap, but claims to be "perfectly happy with the life she is living." She says, "I don't need God or a religion full of rules to be happy. I'm perfectly content on my own."[/color]

[color=#333333]From what it sounds like, she's hit up the drinking and partying scene, and is enjoying the buzz that comes with that. I can only pray that she finds God again and turns her life around. I'm concerned for the safety of her soul.[/color]

[color=#333333]St. Rita, pray for us! St. Monica, pray for us![/color][/size][/font]