An Old School Catholic Message Board

Psychological Assessment

Strictlyinkblot

Strictlyinkblot

Hi, for those of you living in the UK or Ireland any ideas on where to go for a psychological assessment? I have the information on the St. Luke's centre but that's very expensive. The community I'm applying to are in USA so it obviously would be better to find someone over my end. Although it may well work out a lot cheaper to fly to America and pay for one there.

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1353377683' post='2513342']
Hi, for those of you living in the UK or Ireland any ideas on where to go for a psychological assessment? I have the information on the St. Luke's centre but that's very expensive. The community I'm applying to are in USA so it obviously would be better to find someone over my end. Although it may well work out a lot cheaper to fly to America and pay for one there.
[/quote]

I had mine done by psychologist who works for the diocese and performs the tests on the incoming seminarians. My pastor hooked me up and paid for it. ;)

Oops, I don't live in the UK or Ireland. Sorry!

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1353377683' post='2513342']
[/quote]

I did some research and found these sources for psychologists who do testing where you are:

[url="http://www.carlowpsychology.ie/services.shtml"]Dr. Tim Dunne[/url]

[url="http://www.raeganmurphy.com/"]Dr. Raegan Murphy[/url]

somethingfishy

St Luke's is [i]very[/i] thorough -- I don't think it's a waste of money.

Perhaps your diocesan vocations director has recommendations/leads?

Edited by somethingfishy

Strictlyinkblot

MM, thanks for the info. Somethingfishy, I've sent you a pm.

Edited for bad spelling

Edited by Strictlyinkblot