An Old School Catholic Message Board

Valley Of Our Lady Cistercian Monastery In Wisconsin?

Gabriela

Anyone know anything about them? I mean, aside from the fact that they look just amazing on their website. ;-)

Anyone live around there? Know them? Discerned with them?

Edited by curiousing

[quote name='curiousing' timestamp='1353556495' post='2514658']
Anyone know anything about them? I mean, aside from the fact that they look just amazing on their website. ;-)

[/quote]

I've never discerned with them other than a glance on their website, but I'm pretty sure they celebrate the Mass in Latin. You'd have to ask them to be sure. If I felt called to the Benedictine or Cistercian charism, I'd look into them. They are beautiful!

[quote name='curiousing' timestamp='1353556495' post='2514658']

[/quote]

I have met the Novice Mistress-she was at a Cistercian ceremony in Dallas, so I have not visited the Monastery. She impressed me very much though. If the novices she churns out are anything like her, then the community is overflowing with bubbly, energetic, kind, and funny women. :like:

• 2 years later...

i know that at new melleray abbey they take a retreat before taking vows for a week.It is so peaceful there the novice master takes them there for a week for their retreat and that also where the novice master makes his yearly retreat.