An Old School Catholic Message Board

Children Of Mary

Lumiere

[quote name='Antigonos' timestamp='1353749864' post='2515880']
Any particular reason some wear veils which are apparently purple, and some [or at least one] wear a black veil? Just curious.
[/quote]
The purple hood is part of their work habits. They do a lot of manual labor on their land and sometimes the veil gets in the way, so they have a work habit that is the scapular with a hood attached.

Saw them once at St. John Cantius!!! :nun2: (in Chicago) I believe it was Mother Margaret Mary and Sr. Agnes Immaculae (<-- LOVE that name!! both of those names for that matter! :heart:) She had a white veil then ... this was, February 2012. They look very beautiful indeed!

LittleWaySoul

Their habits are some of my favorites of all religious orders :love:

I also know someone who's going to join them pretty soon! :smile3:

Catholicterp7

I love this community! :love: I'm hoping to start more seriously discerning with them. I think I'll be able to visit sometime in the next few weeks! :bounce:
JMJ+ :heart:

Catholicterp7

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1353790551' post='2516063']
Just for future reference, which airport would someone likely fly into if coming to visit them? :)
[/quote]
I would think you would want to fly into Columbus. I'm not sure though, because when I do go I'll be driving with some friends.
I know that they do quite a bit of work in Columbus and they're not that far from the city so it wouldn't be hard for them to pick someone up.
JMJ+ :heart:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Kayte Postle

Got to have adoration and evening prayer with these sisters tonight, and got to talk to Mother. They just had another postulant enter, and they have two more that will be entering by summers end. That's five postulants total for this summer! Mother said that they are out of beds (a good problem to have)!

I had no problem with viewing it from the link provided. Also, I noticed that the one postulant Sr. Marianne appears to be a "Mature" woman. I wonder what their age cutoff is???

Kayte Postle

There is no set age limit, "we discern with each individual if the Lord them here or not". Also, Sr. Marianne is now Sr Bernadette Marie, she made first vows just this March! =) (The sisters don't update the photos on their website all that often).

Edited by Kayte Postle

OnlySunshine

I had no problem with viewing it from the link provided. Also, I noticed that the one postulant Sr. Marianne appears to be a "Mature" woman. I wonder what their age cutoff is???

There is no set age limit, "we discern with each individual if the Lord them here or not". Also, Sr. Marianne is now Sr Bernadette Marie, she made first vows just this March! =) (The sisters don't update the photos on their website all that often).

The community was already listed on my belatedvocations.weebly.com webpage.  ;)

The community was already listed on my belatedvocations.weebly.com webpage.  ;)

Nothing gets past Mater, Queen of the Researchers!!!

abrideofChrist

How close is this community to becoming a religious institute?  They are listed under "lay movements" in the Diocese of Columbus website.