An Old School Catholic Message Board

Q Regarding Birth Control Exceptions

Anastasia13

Is a genetic predisposition toward a higher risk of developing a condition that will last the rest of one's life with chronic pain and fatigue brought on by stress and lack of rest combined with a genetic predisposition toward having ADHD kids with children coming no sooner than into one's 30s sufficient to be at least considered for being allowed to use a barrier method contraceptive to limit the number of kids one has or is that limited to life and death situations?

I.E. Would my desire to not spend 40 30 or 40 years in a state of chronic pain with a sleep disorder that will be more likely with a lot of kids sufficient to cause me to not date a Catholic at the risk that his priest would not approve?

Edited by Light and Truth

I think the reason this has been unanswered for so long is two fold.

This is a hard question and we are not your judge, though are asking us to be. So forgive me if I do not oblige you with my seemingly bland answers.

To question one: perhaps.

But please consider children do not cause a net loss in energy, but are source of vitality.

To question two: perhaps

This is something that you should seek a duel rite or byzantine rite priest or bishop in real life about.

The Church's teaching on children is shockingly unselfishness. I am sure you will seek God's ways and He will give you grace to follow His path to Heaven.