An Old School Catholic Message Board

My List Of Phatmass Men Who I Had A Crush On

Lil'Monster

Your demands assume that in some sense I am 'here' in this thread to begin with. I am not sure that this is a settled question. As Patristic theology continuously affirms, we are a body and a soul in unity. We are not merely a soul, and we are not merely a body. Therefore I am when my body and soul are.

Understanding identity in this sense, it is not certain that I am present in a true sense in this thread. We might speculate that my soul is in some form present here, but certainly my body is not. Therefore I am forced to conclude for the time being that I am not, and never have been in a true sense in this thread.

PhuturePriest

Your demands assume that in some sense I am 'here' in this thread to begin with. I am not sure that this is a settled question. As Patristic theology continuously affirms, we are a body and a soul in unity. We are not merely a soul, and we are not merely a body. Therefore I am when my body and soul are.

Understanding identity in this sense, it is not certain that I am present in a true sense in this thread. We might speculate that my soul is in some form present here, but certainly my body is not. Therefore I am forced to conclude for the time being that I am not, and never have been in a true sense in this thread.

You have bought yourself a permanent home in my top five favorite people on Phatmass.

You have bought yourself a permanent home in my top five favorite people on Phatmass.

One of the best uses of philosophy is pissing off other people. True story. Ask any philosopher ever.

PhuturePriest

One of the best uses of philosophy is pissing off other people. True story. Ask any philosopher ever.

Yeah. I love philosophy. For instance, if I do something wrong and a person asks me if I am a dead man, I like to reply "Well, that is a rather philosophical question. Are we not all truly dead men in the end anyway?"

Yeah. I love philosophy. For instance, if I do something wrong and a person asks me if I am a dead man, I like to reply "Well, that is a rather philosophical question. Are we not all truly dead men in the end anyway?"

That was Keynes who said that. Don't quote Keynes; he's a douchebag. :|

PhuturePriest

That was Keynes who said that. Don't quote Keynes; he's a douchebag. :|

Huh? I thought of that myself. I've never heard of Keynes. Apparently this Keynes character and I think alike.

Huh? I thought of that myself. I've never heard of Keynes. Apparently this Keynes character and I think alike.

God help us all.

"The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead."

Keynesianism is what caused the global economic crisis.

PhuturePriest

God help us all.

"The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead."

Keynesianism is what caused the global economic crisis.

Teach me philosophy, Nihil. I need to be formally philosophised.

This is really interesting so far! Sadly it is kind of hard to focus whilst doing the challenge you gave me, but it is interesting so far!

Sometimes I wonder if it might make more sense if I were partially insane, which you likely are if you're midway through that challenge.

PhuturePriest

Sometimes I wonder if it might make more sense if I were partially insane, which you likely are if you're midway through that challenge.

*Literally laughs hysterically* Very possible indeed! I am nearly ten minutes through, and I am going to finish it! Honestly things like this do not annoy me very much. I very easily block out noises, and even when I don't noises do not bother me much, even annoying ones. Usually when people do annoying noises it causes the opposite reaction in me and it makes me laugh rather than get annoyed and frustrated.

Did I miss something here?