An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fountainhead Playlist

the171

I hear Fountainhead, I think think this:

http://youtu.be/FlcxEDy-lr0

They also have a good Hanukkah song:

http://youtu.be/Jzh-TKzXN2k

I do not see my videos anymore. For the record, this are Jewish parodies of pop songs by the Ein Prat Fountainheads.

And now they show up...

Edited by Light and Truth

And what exactly is wrong with that?

With liking Rammstein? Nothing in particular. I am not a fan, but I am not a fan of any metal, so there you go.

And what exactly is wrong with that?

They're German. The Nazis were German. Therefore, their fans are Nazi-sympathizers.

Godwin'd

They're German. The Nazis were German. Therefore, their fans are Nazi-sympathizers.

Godwin'd

As the descendent of genocide survivors, your logic is both flawed and deeply unChristian.

Also, Necromance is a German, Christian, Goth band.

Oomph is German.

Insert famous composers don't have time to name and make to work on time...

What songs do you think of when you think of the novel, The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand?

Your book is bad and you should feel bad.

Edited by BigJon16

Rand is objectively evil.   :|

So are tacos, but you do not hear me being a beach about it. :|

Hey, quote boxes are working again. Thanks Dusty.

No, they're not.

Tacos were designed as leftist anti-clerical propaganda during the Cristero War. The shell was made as a way to mock the Eucharist. The beef represented the slaughtered flesh of the Catholics, and the lettuce represented the pages of the Bible, which according to the anti-Catholics was empty of meaning, just like lettuce is empty of nutritional value.

Basilisa Marie

Tacos were designed as leftist anti-clerical propaganda during the Cristero War. The shell was made as a way to mock the Eucharist. The beef represented the slaughtered flesh of the Catholics, and the lettuce represented the pages of the Bible, which according to the anti-Catholics was empty of meaning, just like lettuce is empty of nutritional value.

rotfl

The taco predates the arrival of Europeans in Mexico. There is anthropological evidence that the indigenous people living in the lake region of the Valley of Mexico traditionally ate tacos filled with small fish. Writing at the time of the Spanish conquistadors, Bernal Díaz del Castillo documented the first taco feast enjoyed by Europeans, a meal which Hernán Cortés arranged for his captains in Coyoacán.[5][6] It is not clear why the Spanish used their word, "taco", to describe this indigenous food.

Source: Wikipedia. 

rotfl

The taco predates the arrival of Europeans in Mexico. There is anthropological evidence that the indigenous people living in the lake region of the Valley of Mexico traditionally ate tacos filled with small fish. Writing at the time of the Spanish conquistadors, Bernal Díaz del Castillo documented the first taco feast enjoyed by Europeans, a meal which Hernán Cortés arranged for his captains in Coyoacán.[5][6] It is not clear why the Spanish used their word, "taco", to describe this indigenous food.

Source: Wikipedia. 

I am pretty sure it is in a rule book somewhere that quoting Wikipedia automatically makes everything you say incorrect.

Basilisa Marie

I am pretty sure it is in a rule book somewhere that quoting Wikipedia automatically makes everything you say incorrect.

And I'm pretty sure that there's a rule book saying that making things up makes you incorrect.

Seeing as the only pages that come up when you google "taco" and "anti-Catholic" are from phatmass...

And googling "taco origin" brings up articles from: 

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/Where-Did-the-Taco-Come-From.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/humble-taco-is-subject-of-new-research/2012/08/03/3beaef00-db8f-11e1-8ad1-909913931f71_story.html

And while they all say the origin is unknown, surprisingly, NOTHING mentions anything anti-Catholic.

Ergo, you are making things up. At least I had the decency to google.  

PS You completely missed my awesome objectivism pun. 

And I'm pretty sure that there's a rule book saying that making things up makes you incorrect.

Seeing as the only pages that come up when you google "taco" and "anti-Catholic" are from phatmass...

And googling "taco origin" brings up articles from: 

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/Where-Did-the-Taco-Come-From.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/humble-taco-is-subject-of-new-research/2012/08/03/3beaef00-db8f-11e1-8ad1-909913931f71_story.html

And while they all say the origin is unknown, surprisingly, NOTHING mentions anything anti-Catholic.

Ergo, you are making things up. At least I had the decency to google.  

PS You completely missed my awesome objectivism pun. 

The fact that you put so much effort into researching my blatant made-up-on-the-spot lie makes me warm and fuzzy inside. :proud:

Edited by Nihil Obstat

Basilisa Marie

The fact that you put so much effort into researching my blatant made-up-on-the-spot lie makes me warm and fuzzy inside. :proud:

Haha, you underestimate the lengths to which I will go to defend the phorum's favorite food.  :)