An Old School Catholic Message Board

Perhaps . . .

timwho

Perhaps it might not interest many of you since this is a catholic forum. But the Advent procession is coming up, from what I understand its a purely anglican / episcopalian thing. Perhaps some of you would see it on sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btu9intVtLA

Idk, im reformed so I dont have much of a liturgical service, but i've always found Anglican high church to be of more aesthetic quality than the new order mass. (That or I just really like the book of common prayer).

its on sunday if anyone wants to go see such a ceremony (and you're lucky enough to have an anglican / episcopalian church of decent size nearby). are catholics allowed to go, idk i know you cant have communion at other places, but it isn't exactly communion either.

That was truly lovely.  It looks a lot like what the first part of our Easter Vigil service would look like.  Neat watching people stand and sit in union!  Guess that is what God sees when we pray!

I would think that just attending a servicewouldn'ta problem - receiving communion would be, but this looks more like a service of like lessons and carols in a candlelight setting.

I know in my (Roman Catholic) parish, we have an Advent Lessons and Carols service on the First Sunday of Advent -- perhaps it is a cousin of this. I remember going to the Christmas Candlelight service with my Episcopal father.   A very beautiful memory!  :)