An Old School Catholic Message Board

Otc Depression Remedies

Era Might

I'm trying to do some research for someone on OTC stuff they can take that might help with depression. They're not necessarily opposed to seeing a doctor but want to try OTC solutions first. Any suggestions? I'm trying to wade through a bunch of information on Google but don't know what's a good lead and what's not.

Basilisa Marie

B vitamins.  Seriously.   

I struggled with some depression-like symptoms for a while (lethargy, hopelessness, low self image, etc), but not enough to really merit other drugs.  Popping a B complex vitamin almost always helped me get over that little hump so that I could get myself out of the hole and get moving.  B vitamins give you energy, just make sure you don't take more than one pill a day, because B overdose can cause nerve damage.  Drinking St. John's Wort tea every day kind of helped too, but wasn't nearly as effective for me than popping a B vitamin. 

B vitamins.  Seriously.   

I struggled with some depression-like symptoms for a while (lethargy, hopelessness, low self image, etc), but not enough to really merit other drugs.  Popping a B complex vitamin almost always helped me get over that little hump so that I could get myself out of the hole and get moving.  B vitamins give you energy, just make sure you don't take more than one pill a day, because B overdose can cause nerve damage.  Drinking St. John's Wort tea every day kind of helped too, but wasn't nearly as effective for me than popping a B vitamin. 

Any in particular?